Nathan Blake - Not our biggest fan then..

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/04/11/nathan-blake-i-ll-be-smiling-if-bluebirds-help-relegate-smug-blades-91466-28495044/

Bit of a rant from Nathan Blake on this link.... fair to say he's not a big fan of the blades then....

.... I'm afraid to say that I agreed with some of what he has to say.... Fans being fickle.... nothing is ever good enough.... quick to turn on our team.... he's got a point..... although isn't that just football fans FULL STOP?

I think both the comments added at the bottom of the article say it all about Blake.

This actually just goes to show something that many of us have known for sometime.

United are one of the country's most disliked clubs.

Not disliked by way of fear though (like Millwall) or through jealousy (like Man Utd or Chelsea), or how they treat away fans (like Luton) or how they treat their own fans (like MK dons), but just through pure dislike for being dislikable.

I know plenty of fans from different clubs and no one likes United. Not just West Ham either - Ipswich even call them the Norwich of the north.

You're just a dislikeable club, probably because of all the issues you've caused over the years (such as the replay against Arsenal, the abandoned game against West Brom, the Tevez affair, the proceeding because you didn't get considered for the World Cup), and Mr Blakes article (which points out how dislikeable the fans actually are) reflects others feelings. :thumbsup:

This actually just goes to show something that many of us have known for sometime.

Not disliked by way of fear though (like Millwall) or through jealousy (like Man Utd or Chelsea), or how they treat away fans (like Luton) or how they treat their own fans (like MK dons), but just through pure dislike for being dislikable.

I know plenty of fans from different clubs and no one likes United. Not just West Ham either - Ipswich even call them the Norwich of the north.

You're just a dislikeable club, probably because of all the issues you've caused over the years (such as the replay against Arsenal, the abandoned game against West Brom, the Tevez affair, the proceeding because you didn't get considered for the World Cup), and Mr Blakes article (which points out how dislikeable the fans actually are) reflects others feelings. :thumbsup:

you are probably right, but you are not telling me that they (the fans) wouldn't have done the same?

One think I learned from being in the pub trade is dont talk to customers about football, religion or politics, because thats when heated discussions or arguments start, so by not doing this I prevented myself getting into difficult situations, with people I didnt know

Someone on here once said (I forget who) that they'd disown their kid if they supported Wednesday. They were a United fan. In fairness, there's possibly Wednesday fans who think the same.

I like to think it's just banter and having a laugh but you never know with some people. I'd hope no one would seriously be that cretinous over a game (at which both clubs are crap it seems).

I guess its that sort of supporter that people don't like, although from any club.

One think I learned from being in the pub trade is dont talk to customers about football, religion or politics, because thats when heated discussions or arguments start, so by not doing this I prevented myself getting into difficult situations, with people I didnt know

Summat I've never understood.

If two people disagree about summat, why argue?

You can argue for 4 hours and end up knocking 7 bells out of each other in the street.

Tomorrow, yerl still disagree.

When a discussion looks like turning in to an argument, I just end it, and talk about knitting or summat.

I'm never reight, and they're never reight ................ so why carry on?

Kids and beer eh? :hihi:

Thats really funny, as when I speak to other fans the dislike of wednesday is there from the start, all local sides with the exception of Barnsley have the Owls as there most hated team, and when I spoke to ipswich fans last year, they described them as the scum of the north just behind leeds who are hated world wide, maybe it was because I was a supported of the team rivals that we were talking about, They are hardly likely to tell you F Sidebottom that they hate the team you are supporting to your face are they, !!!:loopy:

Edited by sccman

Thats really funny, as when I speak to other fans the dislike of wednesday is there from the start, all local sides with the exception of Barnsley have the Owls as there most hated team, and when I spoke to ipswich fans last year, they described them as the scum of the north just behind leeds who are hated world wide, maybe it was because I was a supported of the team rivals that we were talking about, They are hardly likely to tell you F Sidebottom that they hate the team you are supporting to your face are they, !!!:loopy:

No point in trying with this one, old Frank is a typical Wendy, delusional to the end. I'm surprised Wendy fans have time to attend matches, they seem to be running surveys with opposition fans around the globe on how universally hated the Blades are. If I ever bother talking to opposition fans the subject of Wednesday never usually come into it, apart from a wry smile and a quick comment of "it could be worse".

Blakes departure from the lane was due (or so the story goes) to dressing room scandal!!

Most companys would have called the police, the Blake family were also well known to the police at the time.

Cant remember the crowd turning on him, i would have thought he would have had a go at the manager at the time..not the supporters!

But nice to know his bitterness is long standing ;)

I stand to be corrected but was it KKK (KENDALL) who released him?

Edited by TAT