Are some schools open this week in Sheffield?

Most Catholic schools are open at least until the 20th as the diocese has requested that they open in holy week.

yup my daughters at st catherines, shes a little confused now bless her that shes not on holiday like the children in our neighbourhood

Catholic schools are open for Jesus this week. It's his big event, don't forget.

My children go to a catholic school and they break up on the 20th april.

Some Catholic schools are open (Notre Dame etc) others are closed. Next year they will all fall in line and stay open during Holy Week together. This is at the request of the Diosese. The reason it is a little mixed up this year is that some of the Primary schools had already set their holidays.

Some Catholic schools are open (Notre Dame etc) others are closed. Next year they will all fall in line and stay open during Holy Week together. This is at the request of the Diosese. The reason it is a little mixed up this year is that some of the Primary schools had already set their holidays.

bishop john decided that they should all stay at school longer at christmas and during easter so i find it strange if all catholic schools are not still open in the diocese,

bishop john decided that they should all stay at school longer at christmas and during easter so i find it strange if all catholic schools are not still open in the diocese,

That is correct he did decide that. However some schools had already set their holidays and informed the Local Authority and Governers. They are all to fall in line next year though. This will certainly help those families that have kids in primary and secondary. Possibility of cheaper holidays too, as somebody mentioned earlier!

My oldest attends Ecclesfield comp and my youngest attends St Patricks and they have different holidays for easter this year so no chance of an easter hol :-(