Leaking mira fino shower

Hi

Had this shower fitted for a few years now. Its the built in model with the valve hidden behind the tiling.

Its just started leaking at the showerhead. Any idea what the prob may be or how much to fix it.

thanks

sounds like you may need the mixer removing from the wall and a service kit fitting that is if it leaks all the time and its not just whats been stood in the pipe.

Decent reliable shower the mira fino....

Not fitted ant of these for a while but i am sure its the flow cartridge rahter than the thermostatic valve....yes a leak at the shower head means its the flow cartridge.

Just had a look on ebay and there are a few for sale there at approx £30. Not hard to swop. Isolate the feed and then open the flow to the shower to drain it off. The faceplace on the fino just pops off. Use a flat blade scredriver at the bottom and SLOWLY prise it off. The flow cartride is at the top and you will need a pair of grips to remove it. Just unscrew it. The replacement should come with a little satchet of silicone grease and liberally apply this on the o ring. Screw the new into place but don't overtighten. Faceplate back on, turn on water. Jobs a good un.

If u dont want to do it yourself its an easy job for one of us. Shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour to do the job.

hope this helps.

Andy

Thanks Andy!!

your advice was spot on and u saved us quite a bit of cash. I was being quoted £125 to £190 by some off here to supply and fit. ( i wont mention names)

Followed your instructions. Took my other half an hour an a half.

total cost was 30 pounds.

Sammy.

I'll pm u details of the rented house that needs new boiler installing.

no worries . glad to help. The regular guys on here would have given you the same advice as me.