Recycling?? but are they really??

big place called v...that narrows it down.

vinnys burger bar

Those recycling trucks have seperate compartments for different waste.

And they don't tip at the incinerator.

Hope that helps.

The plastics are sold on by Veolia i believe, this is why they only want bottles as it is a higher grade of plastic than a yoghurt pot for example, or a plastic bag.

I think just about everything that goes in your black bin is burnt at the incinerator on Bernard Road. The heat from the incinerator provides the heating and hot water to lots of buildings in the city (inc schools, homes, council buildings etc).

when the new blue box was introduced, our blue bin was collected by one truck followed by another truck collecting the blue box, now only 1 truck comes but it has 2 seperate compartments for emptying the box and bin into, i wonder if this is what your friends have seen.

Did you ever throw away an empty Coke can? Do you know how much scrap aluminium is worth?

So how much is an empty coke can worth then? :)

So how much is an empty coke can worth then? :)

enough to put a deposit on a mars bar

enough to put a deposit on a mars bar

Have you seen price of a bleedin mars bar these days? Disgusting!!

Have you seen price of a bleedin mars bar these days? Disgusting!!

My point exactly. The rest would be paid off in 10 monthly installments

O.K so i live and work in sheffield . I work in the centre of sheffield ( living on the out skirts, near mosbro) .

We had recycling bins delivered earlier this year and i have to say i thought this a good thing ( i have tried to recycle before but found it to much hassle)

Anyway long story short.... are sheffield city council really recycling our waste????

I have been told by a fair few people that they have seen the bin men emptying the waste into one bin and dumping it into the same truck!!!

Although i have never seen this happen where i live it seems common practice in other areas os sheffield??

is this a one off or regular practice ?? if its regular should we be complaining?

Yep the bin-men do that here too.

What's the point of the council wasting money on providing these stupid blue-boxes when it all goes in the same truck.

What about the old folk who have to lift these boxes full of paper to the kerb for collection, why not just a larger bin for all the recycling stuff like they have in some southern areas?