Bus singers on the last bus

Anyone recall catching the last bus home, very full and noisey and there would always be the drunk who would get on and start singing. I used to catch the 95 Walkley bus and the Kings Arms on Commercial st would always supply a couple of these. At the time you'd think, oh my god don't let him sit next to me.

Good times when you'd get home safe and without fear.

I remember Mr Philips ,lived on Wordsworth Ave on the even side near the bus stop at the end of Margetson( Not the Tavern end).

I think he was a frustrated Tenor,sounded like Mario Lanza.

He used to drive for BRS and I would see him going to work in the morning .

Talk about Walter Mitty or Jeckell and Hyde.

On the last 92 bus from pond st to the manor on a Saturday night one bloke around fifty years old always sang Rawhide thankfully he only stayed on the bus until we reached the Wybourn.But he was harmless.

Anyone recall catching the last bus home, very full and noisey and there would always be the drunk who would get on and start singing. I used to catch the 95 Walkley bus and the Kings Arms on Commercial st would always supply a couple of these. At the time you'd think, oh my god don't let him sit next to me.

Good times when you'd get home safe and without fear.

Yep, across the road to the Gambit where you would be serenaded as you tucked into your egg flied lice!

I remember catching the last bus from Pond Street to Brinsworth in the 1960s and there was a guy who caught that bus who fancied himself as Dean Martin. He wore a suit, had black curly hair and was great fun. He had obviously had a few pints but he always entertained those on that last bus home singing Deano songs.

weve seen some green aligators

some long neck geese

some humpty back camels

and chimpanzees

some cats and rats and elephants

show us you balls

we aint gona see no unicorns

who remembers this song