Rubbish at Rother Valley

I'm a very infrequent visitor to RV but went for a run yesterday and couldn't quite believe how 'out of control and intimidating the whole park felt'. Whilst the park was very very busy the really shocking aspect was the high percentage of ASBO youths and ASBO families who made up so many of the visitors. Was there a Chav convention on or something? They must have made up 70% of the numbers. It must have been a welcome respite on many of the local estates because there couldn't have been any troublemakers left as they were all on show at RV. Shaved heads, bare milk bottle white chests, tattoos (and thats just the women), pitbulls on rope, clouds of cannabis, blaring car speakers, laughable souped up cars. It was awash with stereotypical numpties. Who on earth would take their family there for a day out. Whoever runs the Park - get a grip and claim it back from these lowlifes.

it's hardly surprising for a park on the outskirts of killamarsh! i think there must be some chav breeding farm there

it's hardly surprising for a park on the outskirts of killamarsh! i think there must be some chav breeding farm there

Do you seriously think anyone from Killamarsh would pay to park in a place we can enter for free on foot. Sundays traffic queue was coming down hill from Wales Bar.

Is that where the orienteering posts are/used to be :)

im not sure but its nice and quiet

Do you seriously think anyone from Killamarsh would pay to park in a place we can enter for free on foot. Sundays traffic queue was coming down hill from Wales Bar.

Good post.

Although when I was younger some kids from Killamarsh who I knew of did enter by car, as they couldn't carry all the beer by foot. :hihi:

I think the lads are trying to impress.....I don't know exactly who :confused:

im not sure but its nice and quiet

I just remember them from when I was a kid. Must be up that end :)

Same with the end lake. My personal route is to walk up to the kids park from the sothall entrance then walk round the end lake, then back up to where we came in :)

erm yes because i know of quite a few chavs from there who do :D

i think they should employ litter pickers for the £3 they charge to get in!!! daylight robbery to go out for a walk! i was one step ahead and went to the other entrance at the side of grant and mcallins :)

Well, I'm glad it's not just me. I thought I was just turning into a grumpy old woman!! :hihi:

I think I will complain directly to RV as it's closeby and ideal for our dogs to have a good run - and just a generally nice walk for me and t'other half. It's a pity that it's getting to this point.

I like the bin bag idea - a lot of the VW shows I go to do this (no, I don't have a suped up Golf, I have an old Camper) and it seems to work (although the people who go are usually very respectful of the environment).

Another option would be to get all the chavs with community service responsibilities to clean up all the mess instead of having to pay people via the council or whatever... they'd be cleaning up their own mess then :D

I remember a couple of years ago, there used to be a man sitting on the entrance with a list of all registration numbers of previous offenders - if they turned up in the queue, they used to get turned around straight away and weren't allowed to enter the park - that worked. I understand it's under new management since then, so maybe they should bring that system back. I know it would mean paying a wage, but more people would come if there weren't so many idiots there...

Edited by rachels1980

I'm surprised the Star haven't picked up on this yet. Maybe their "journalist" hasn't been on the forum this week?

I have to agree about the mess at Rother Valley- it has really put me off taking my little girl there which is a shame really.

Yes they would. Because people these days can't do without they precious little brum brum for even the shortest of journeys

As we also mentioned the Newfoundland dogs we found upsetting at the beighton end of the park.

The dogs were huge loud and slavering everywhere. When we walked past they didnt stop barking and i mean not one bit. This upset our kids and pup and had no regard for anyone else.

we walked around the other side and all you could hear was barking and howling , the seemed to take over the bottom lake and upset alot of folk.

I looked on the RV website and there on that so are they always there?

If so we wont go back ever