Advice on line sticking to rod tip

hi i have a problem with line sticking and getting tangled on my rod tip both feeder and float rods it has lost me a few fish not being able to reel in when i have a fish on can any give me advice on how to rectify this problem do i need to use more expencive line or what hope someone can help THANKS

Is the line very old or very thick?. I can't think of any other reason it might tangle on the end of your rod.

not sure how old line is bought reel 2nd hand with line on the guy said it was put on recent about 8month ago used 5lb line and 12lb line does same on both reels

does it do it wen yu strike

try and keep yer line prity tight and wen yu strike pull rod back steady as you might be just moveing yer rod forward enogth to get yer line tangled around yer tip

Edited by koikeeper

like koi says could be your not keeping you line tight enough,so it then wraps it self round when you lift your tip

Im supprised 5lb line and 12lb line would cause that problem could be like others have stated.I know my dad used to have this problem with 2lb line on some of his rods though . I changed runners on tip so they were not so close to rod and not spaced out so much worked a treat for him lol.Cant say ive ever had that problem myself.

does it do it wen yu strike

try and keep yer line prity tight and wen yu strike pull rod back steady as you might be just moveing yer rod forward enogth to get yer line tangled around yer tip

thanks koikeeper dont think its slack line i always keep line tight had a word with a mate he said it might be cheap line on reel tends to have a long memory ie kinks and tangles so i might buy some good quality line and try that thanks all for the advice

thanks koikeeper dont think its slack line i always keep line tight had a word with a mate he said it might be cheap line on reel tends to have a long memory ie kinks and tangles so i might buy some good quality line and try that thanks all for the advice

give shimano technium match/bolo line mate £8-£9 a spool great gear use it on all my reels in 6lb & 8lb never had a problem with it

deffo a line tightness issue , used to happen to me a lot as i was a novice, but if you practice keeping your line tight you will get round it, its a bit like learning to strike upwards on the pole, i ALWAYS used to side strike at bites, took me about 6 months to get out of that rythem, keep working at it janice it will come to you,

a bit of advice for the feeder part of this , keep a mental note of your "tail" (the distance between the actual feeder part and the hook) now if your line goes slack gently wind in that distance and you will pick up a few bonus fish that are feeding on the bait released from your feeder :-)

if it is a line issue my favourite brand is maxima chamleon brown, fantastic stuff and a decent price too

check your top runner for small cracks that the line could get stuck in or as other posters have said,keep your line tight when you strike,it's worth changing the line if it's second hand as it diminishes as it gets older ,sun light can also effect the length of time a line lasts before it becomes brittle

I would change the line buddie.:)

Never trust second hand line mate, you'll lose good fish and they'll swim off to a prolonged death.

I'm staggered that you trusted it in the first place, though i accept we all make mistakes that improve our knowledge.

Weigh up the pro's and cons, cheap line is a misery to all involved, yourself, the fish and other wildlife.