• yes
    • no

Today

Morrisons Hillsborough Petrol £131.9 litre

Jet station Hillsborough Petrol £131.9 litre

Morrisons at Catcliffe Petrol £132.9 Litre

Dosen't always follow I would ask why is Morrisons selling at different prices

depending which store you visit.

£135.9 for unleaded in Crookes. Robbing <REMOVED>. Wont be using that petrol station anymore

Edited by esme
masked swearing

Well petrol has only gone up 15.9% this year, whereas car insurance went up 29%, so you should probably boycott car insurance instead :)

Today

Morrisons Hillsborough Petrol £131.9 litre

Jet station Hillsborough Petrol £131.9 litre

Morrisons at Catcliffe Petrol £132.9 Litre

Dosen't always follow I would ask why is Morrisons selling at different prices

depending which store you visit.

Over £130 a litre :o:o:o

The price of Diesel has hit £1.40 a litre in many garages . Its costing me about £40 per week more in Diesel than it was a few weeks ago . I can see a time soon when people who run Diesel engines are going to start gambling and running on Red Diesel , which is openly available in many garages. It will be worth taking the risk .

If by "boycott" you mean "dont buy for the sake of it and only buy when necessary" then yes...but I already do that

I've surprised myself by my changing definition of "necessary"

Saves me a lot of ££

You boycott one garage and another garage gets your custom. Problem is, they get it from the same source which is from the nearest oil depot who haven't got competition as there aren't that many.

That why the system won't work.

i work in mansfield at the moment and fill up at tesco there because it's only £1.28 a litre (although it was £1.26 the day before I last filled up, wish i wasn't feeling too ill to stop now)

daylight robery, people power is the only way to make a change!!

You boycott one garage and another garage gets your custom. Problem is, they get it from the same source which is from the nearest oil depot who haven't got competition as there aren't that many.

That why the system won't work.

hiya i remember in 1982 i never paid more than 80p per gal of 2 star only once, that was a filling station on the way back from bridlington the cost was just over £1 per gal of 2star,i was only saying yesterday that there wern't any boycotts like they were when the price was around £1,20p.per litre

ps

that £1 per gal was a quarter more than my usual price, when i got home my price was back to 80p

Edited by willybite

For some reason, we seem to pay a premium in Sheffield. The price at the Co-op was extortionate the other day - about 25p a gallon more than up the road.

I think it's a great idea if you could get the word round to enough people for it to make a real difference - it'd certainly make companies think about adding a few pence a litre, which adds up to rather a lot, when you're filling up.

The idea would be this... a website could be set up, with all people of sheffield signing up, with their email address. when a certain amount (an amount which could make a difference) of people have joined. Then an email would be sent out, saying, dont buy from eg BP on a certain week. to make an example. If it effects them, then saying to them to lower prices of it'll get boycotted again. till it lowers, then targetting a different brand of petrol station... Or do guys still think it would not work, and have to be targetted in the whole of the uk.

so if 'most' people in the uk was up for not buying from a certain company am sure it would make a difference. People is power, all the other countries do the same when there not happy................

My partner works in the oil exploration industry. I remember having this debate with him last year.

Oh yeah, me too. I also work in oil drilling and I like high oil prices as it means there's plenty of work and I get pay rises.

It's a real up and down industry though and I've also been made redundant twice when the oil price went too low and work dried up.