Zombie film lovers

I have to put a heads up for the movies 'Bad Taste' and especially 'Braindead'. These are two 'wacky' rather than horror-type zombie movies, but I love them for their originality and humour.

These are the best lines from Braindead I can think of atm, but there are loads-

"I kick ass for the Lord!"- zombie kung-fu fighting vicar

"Lionel, you're mother ate my dog!"- spanish love interest

The lawnmower finale is not for the squeamish hehe!

Both are by director Peter Jackson and show what an immense journey he's been on from these early films to the Lord of the Rings series and King Kong.

I absolutely adore anything zombie related. My all time favourite zombie flick has to be the original Dawn of the Dead where they are all trapped in the shopping centre (or mall as I believe they call it) ...

I also regularly have zombie related nightmares ... Hopefully I just watch too much zombie stuff and they're not trying to tell me something ominous!

right so i dont carry on spoiling the vampire film thread thought id resurect this thread for the proper undead.

zombies are better than vampires, who wants to sexily bite the neck when you can viciously rip out their whole jugular?

heres a list of zombie films i own on dvd

night of the living dead (orig) - colour

night of the livind dead (orig) - special edition b/w

night of the living dead (tom savini version)

night of the living dead (orig) - prism version, think this is the only fully uncut version?

dawn of the dead (orig) directors cut

dawn of the dead - remake

day of the dead (orig) - special edition

day of the dead (remake)

survival of the dead

diary of the dead - metal box

land of the dead

resident evil

resident evil apocalypse

resident evil extinction

resident evil afterlife

resident evil degeneration

28 days later

28 weeks later

the dead (ford brothers film set in africa)

zombie attack (museum of the dead)

siege of the dead (german)

the horde (french)

zombieland

doghouse

zombie diaries

zombie diaries 2 (world of the dead)

flight of the living dead

day of the zombie (song of the dead) - musical

apocalypse of the dead (serbian film, ken forees in it)

eaters: rise of the dead (italian)

dead snow (norwegian)

return of the living dead (new special edition)

return of the living dead 3

the living dead at the manchester morgue

the gates of hell trilogy boxset (city of the living dead, the beyond, the house by the cemetary (italian)

shaun of the dead

planet terror

zombie lake

plague of the zombies (in a hammer film box set)

think thats it lol

dead and buried

zombie creeping flesh

zombie women of satan

[rec]

[rec 2]

cemetary man

are the next ones i wanna buy

for me the 3 romero classics are the greatest zombie films ever

The original Dawn of the Dead (1978) is as good as it gets, the shopping mall scenes are immense.

The original Dawn of the Dead (1978) is as good as it gets, the shopping mall scenes are immense.

yup

the machete in the head scene

Zombie Flesh Eaters gave me nightmares when I was a kid (hoorah for irresponsible parenting!) I think pretty much because of how it ends with no salvation... oh and the spike in the eye scene :D

Also, not exactly a Zombie film.. bit kind fits the genre, was The Fog.. not mindless zombies but vengence seeking living dead, was great in it's day for ratcheting up the suspense rather than the pure horror..

Zombie Flesh Eaters gave me nightmares when I was a kid (hoorah for irresponsible parenting!) I think pretty much because of how it ends with no salvation... oh and the spike in the eye scene :D

Also, not exactly a Zombie film.. bit kind fits the genre, was The Fog.. not mindless zombies but vengence seeking living dead, was great in it's day for ratcheting up the suspense rather than the pure horror..

oh yeah i forgot zombie flesh eaters lol, have that on my box of the banned box set :P

It looks like the movie adaptation of World War Z (best zombie novel EVAAAAARRR) has been ruined. It won't be set AFTER the war and it will feature "fast" zombies. Apparently it will focus on Brad Pitt running around during the early stages of the outbreak trying to stop it. Like many existing zombie flicks then.

:mad::confused::rant::(:help:

*kicks Hollywood*

I just saw the first official trailer. It looks like they may well have ruined the story after all :(