Zombie film lovers

For a comedic zombie film you can't go far wrong with Zombieland

jb

Edited by barleycorn

My OH is a zombie film nut- I'm sure he could quote the script from many of the films. Can't say I'm bothered either way to be honest.

i love zombie films, have done since i first say dawn of the dead and day of the dead, have most of Romeros on dvd, as well as the 28 days / weeks later ones, and zombie flesheaters

i enjoyed Romeros later ones too actually, not a patch on the original trilogy tho

need to watch the first two return of the living deads again at some point :D

i loved the walking dead. they did a great job converting it from graphic novel to live action. some of the characters are totally as i imagined from the books, such as dale and glen.

dead set was a great too. the end scene with the producer is prob the goriest thing iv ever watched, and it hung in my mind for ages after!

check out the book world war z too. theyre supposed to be making a film of it, but the book is about various accounts from the survivors... ranging from militarypersonel , to doctors, to a blind martial artist.

looking forward to the game dead island too

ZOMBIES WIN-

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Zombehs are ace, why have vampire flicks/books become so popular again? It's even worse now that they all do kung-fu, get emotionally hung over about their potential love interest/next meal, pout too much and try to look moody in general. They're too image concious as well.

Zombies on the other hand DON'T care how they look, DON'T care who their next meal is, DON'T get moody and angsty, they just do their thang!

I love zombies

As for fave films, it changes regularly for me, currently I would have to say Zombieland,

(both versions),
and
(Billy Connelly)- all for different reasons.

Books are even better:

World War Z, buy it, read it, read it again, wait for the film to come.

Monster Island (trilogy)

Patient Zero

Zombies, an anthology of the undead (excellent)

Can't wait for the WWZ movie :banana::banana::banana:

Love zombie films,well done channel 5.

I was never into 'zombie' films as a teen until recent years, when the likes of Snyder's brilliant remake of Romero's 'Dawn of the Dead' and '28 Days/Weeks Later' depicted the 'undead' as fast-moving, learning and relentless beings. I haven't seen The Walking Dead yet (tonight's premier, 10pm).

But what, according to the different film scripts or director's ideas, is the biology of these flesh-eating beings? Is it a rage virus in all of them that makes them attack other humans? Or are the films based upon some primaeval urge that drives them to hunt flesh? Are they undead, and why are they able to move quickly?

Only recently, as far as I'm aware, have 'zombie' children or disabled people been depicted? What about other health/blood conditions such as Diabetes, haemophilia or AIDS being shown in such films - or does being bitten override all prior ailments for the slow-dying?

Edited by Huscarl

walking dead ch5 on sunday watching it now awsome stuff realy gripping

I love zombie films, favourites would be pretty much as OP but i've noticed no-one has mentioned the film 'Dead Snow'.

I've watched all of the 1st season of Walking Dead on Fox, its such a good tv series, keeps you on the edge of your seat with suspense but the start is very much like the beginning of 28 Days Later.

I love zombie films, favourites would be pretty much as OP but i've noticed no-one has mentioned the film 'Dead Snow'.

I've watched all of the 1st season of Walking Dead on Fox, its such a good tv series, keeps you on the edge of your seat with suspense but the start is very much like the beginning of 28 Days Later.

I've seen that!

Definitely a must for true Zombie film fans... (and a must miss for people who aren't into that kind of film! ;))

I watched the first Walking Dead last night and have to say I was seriously underwhelmed. Man wakes up from coma to find horror has overtaken the world - hmmm where have we seen this before? I also found it rather ponderous and plodding (or should that be lurching?) - the episode could easily have been half the length and may actually have had some suspense and tension in it then.