Local Elections..Election Literature

Had no literature at all, but hoping some people come door knocking, so I can just listen to their spiel for a bit then tell them I have already sent my postal vote in

Had no literature at all, but hoping some people come door knocking, so I can just listen to their spiel for a bit then tell them I have already sent my postal vote in

People dont knock on your door to try to persuade you to vote for their party. The point of doorstep canvassing is to ascertain which party you've voted for. This enables the canvasser to decide whether to knock on your door on election day and encourage you to visit the polling station.

There'll be no spiel for you to listen to and no self-satisfaction for you in telling them you've already voted.

What has happened to the" how will you vote " thread ? It was removed after my last post. Did I say something controversial about electoral misconduct?

We have had nothing from the Lib Dems in Broomhill which I find surprising as it is one of their strongholds
Well, that's the thing about first-past-the-post, parties can ignore their or their opponents' strongholds where there's no chance of changing the result, and concentrate on the marginal seats.

Have had 2 leaflets from the libDems.

Had a look through. Was surprised that I could not find any mention.

of their plan to make Sheffield self sufficient in renewable energy within

10 years. As was stated by Mr Scrivens in the Sheffield Star in March

Would have thought this was a sure fire vote winner. Or is it pie in the sky

I am also puzzled that the Libdem council claim to have brought jobs to Sheffield, which included some at the,

Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre.

I was under the impression, that this was based in Rotherham.

I am sure some of the Lib Dem supporters can help settle these points.

Pretty sure if you live in sheffield you're still allowed to work in rotherham.

Pretty sure if you live in sheffield you're still allowed to work in rotherham.

I am sure you can but the point is. The Lib Dems said they had brought jobs

to Sheffield which is strictly not true.

Also the Rotherham council are claiming they brought jobs to

the Advanced Research Centre in Rotheham.

Well, that's the thing about first-past-the-post, parties can ignore their or their opponents' strongholds where there's no chance of changing the result, and concentrate on the marginal seats.

Parties should never take the electorate for granted.

Finally had something from theLibdems (well strictly speaking I haven't but I found a leaflet blowing about on Oxford st) It has no mention of the local candidate:huh:Just smiley Scrivens and a pile of cloth bags.

Just read on another thread .It was a copy of Sheffield News

I am sure you can but the point is. The Lib Dems said they had brought jobs

to Sheffield which is strictly not true.

Also the Rotherham council are claiming they brought jobs to

the Advanced Research Centre in Rotheham.

It's quite simple.

Sheffield and Rotherham councils 'share' the Catcliffe site and work together towards its success and ignore the technical boundary. It is is a University of Sheffield operation heavily involved with Boeing and the people who work there are from Sheffield, Rotherham and other places. Rolls Royce are soon to join them with a new £40m facility.

So, rather than worrying about partisan 'misrepresentation' I'd say that it is a superb example of cooperation between councils that is to the benefit of the people in the region.

It's quite simple.

Sheffield and Rotherham councils 'share' the Catcliffe site and work together towards its success and ignore the technical boundary. It is is a University of Sheffield operation heavily involved with Boeing and the people who work there are from Sheffield, Rotherham and other places. Rolls Royce are soon to join them with a new £40m facility.

So, rather than worrying about partisan 'misrepresentation' I'd say that it is a superb example of cooperation between councils that is to the benefit of the people in the region.

I totally agree. The thing that annoys me that certain people for politcal purposes, give the impression that they are the ones alone, that brought these businesses to South Yorkshire. As though it has just happened in the last couple of years when in fact it has been worked on for getting on 10 years

Edited by bazjea

Political Parties aren't the campaigning behemoths they were in the 1950s. They rely on a reducing number of members and helpers to get their literature out. If you want them to get their message across you could join one and help out.

Might help if they weren't all utter rubbish and controlled by vermin.