Local Elections..Election Literature

Nick Clegg is a two faced pompus x who campaigned on the slogan 'Vote LIBERAL TO KEEP THE TORIES OUT.' What a joke, he came last and couldn't wait to get in bed with Cameron. Liar Liar. The point is, that non of the Major Political Party Candidates work for us. Try asking for help.

In my opinion, they all work for their PARTY and themselves. I will be voting for a completely independent candidate. Give them a voice, they have no vested interest, to begin with, and are usually community minded idealists, until the PARTY gets a foot hold..

I live slap bang in the middle of Hillsborough and have had nothing from any of the parties standing in the locals. I have had one Yes to AV and one No to AV leaflet and that is it. I ahve no idea who any of the candidates are so how on earth am I supposed to make an informed choice as to who to vote for? I think it's pretty slack to be honest.

Can you understand the contractions in your post? You don't want leaflets through the door or canvassers ramming their policies down your throat yet you do want your representatives , or prospective ones at least , to work hard to deserve your vote?

No what I am saying is I've seen no representations from either parties in my area. If they can't be bothered to go out to meet the people that they expect them to go out and vote for, then why should people be bothered to go vote at all

Nick Clegg is a two faced pompus x who campaigned on the slogan 'Vote LIBERAL TO KEEP THE TORIES OUT.'

Did he?

All I remember is that when journalists pressed him to say which party he'd rather form a coalition with, he kept saying that in the event of a hung parliament the party that won the most votes and the most seats would have the right to seek to govern first.

The point is, that non of the Major Political Party Candidates work for us. Try asking for help.

In my opinion, they all work for their PARTY and themselves. I will be voting for a completely independent candidate. Give them a voice, they have no vested interest, to begin with, and are usually community minded idealists, until the PARTY gets a foot hold..

You can have both with the Green party, whose councillors genuinely are community-minded and do a hell of a lot of work for people in their area.

You can have both with the Green party, whose councillors genuinely are community-minded and do a hell of a lot of work for people in their area.

We've had no info from them here in Hillsborough. Several Lib-Dem leaflets, but that's all so far.

So far in Walkley:

Labour - glossy, professional looking leaflet but not much about the candidate (who lives 8 miles away). Also a knock on door over the bank holiday weekend from a friendly chap.

Lib Dem - 3 leaflets and a personally addressed letter. The usual Lib Dem style. A bit too earnest, very anti-Labour, but good effort and fairly positive message.

Green - had one from local candidate, quite a good positive message.

Also something from some sort of far-left party that I can't remember. Mostly focused on cuts.

Nothing at all from tories yet - not holding my breath.

Also had a couple of glossy, professional communications from the referendum campaigns -

2 from Yes, disappointingly low on substance and full of vague statements about AV.

1 from No, even more low on substance and containing a few outright lies about AV.

All in all a pretty disappointing selection.

Seems like quite a lot.How many do you expect?

I live slap bang in the middle of Hillsborough and have had nothing from any of the parties standing in the locals.
Political Parties aren't the campaigning behemoths they were in the 1950s. They rely on a reducing number of members and helpers to get their literature out. If you want them to get their message across you could join one and help out.

Are there local elections?

For all the information I have had through the door from all the major parties and all the minor parties, I assume that there must not be.

I have had ZILCH, apart from a leaflet about the referendum.

Visit from a prospective local councillor, I've not even had any leaflets yet!!!

[/b]

Seems like quite a lot.How many do you expect?

'Disappointing' in the sense of quality, not quantity. :)