Hallam towers hotel

does anyone know if there is squatters in hallam towers hotel on fulwood road was going to work this afternoon and something made me look up and i saw some people on the roof then when passing tonight around 7ish there were three people climbing over the wall two women and 1 man , there was three push bikes leaning on the fencing this afternoon

I remember when that hotel was built. Hallam Towers and The Grand Hotel (Leopold St) were the two poshest hotels in town. What has happened to it to allow squatters to inhabit it? Has it closed down?

I remember when that hotel was built. Hallam Towers and The Grand Hotel (Leopold St) were the two poshest hotels in town. What has happened to it to allow squatters to inhabit it? Has it closed down?

yeah, years ago.I used to work there as a chef,many moons ago.

Edited by Andy
fixed quotes

It closed about seven years ago. It is a shame it is just being left to rot away.

My first ever night in Sheffield was spent in that hotel, I think it was the Forte Posthouse then.

I hope someone is living there - better than such a huge building going to waste...

Guest sibon

There were loads of students playing in there when I drove past this evening. They were climbing the wall and sliding down the lamp post. Maybe that is what the OP saw.

Or perhaps I misconstrued a really unusual protest:D

The police used to use it for training drug dogs not long back i saw the dog vans in there and police dog training units quite a few times during the day time

Seems an odd place for a hotel. Not really handy for anywhere. Who used to stay there?

lots of people.

loads of bands etc stopped there, I met Alice Cooper there.

We live near the Hallam towers (what was) and saw some 'lovely people' on the roof the other week too. My neighbour was going to report it to the local police but after umming and arghing looked again and they had gone...think we will next time though, they were stood so close to the edge I was terrified they were going to fall off!

It's so sad the state it's in now, and even though i hate to admit it needs pulling down really as it's become a bit of an eyesore :/

Guest sibon
Seems an odd place for a hotel. Not really handy for anywhere. Who used to stay there?

I've stayed there. It was nice.

I didn't meet Alice Cooper though.