Electric garage door repair recommendations

Not sure if this is the right plce to post so apologies if it's not. Can anybody recommend someone decent to fix an electric garage door?

Cheers.

Not sure if this is the right plce to post so apologies if it's not. Can anybody recommend someone decent to fix an electric garage door?

Cheers.

Call in at The Garage Door Company (off Shoreham Street), they will point you in the right direction.

Call in at The Garage Door Company (off Shoreham Street), they will point you in the right direction.

Thanks Crookesey!

HI try derek locking swallownest 01142873994

rang him from yellow pages came same day did brilliant job very reasonable price

Early this year my garage door broke. It was half open/closed with no possibility of closing it as the cables had broken loose from the door and were wrapped around the metal drum at the back of the garage. I came here via Google and called the garage door company as recommended on Shoreham St. They told me what their call out charge was..... A little over a hundred pounds. Gulp. But they had been recommended here and it was important for security that I get it fixed so paid by card in advance as they demanded. They came the next day and told me that it needed new cables. They were not hopeful about getting them as the company that made my door no longer operates in the UK. They closed the door, so it was secure but inoperable. After a few weeks I rang to check how they were doing with finding the parts. At this point they told me that the parts were not obtainable. They offered to send someone to give me a quotation for a new door. The salesman came and offered me various replacements from over two thousand pounds down to about sixteen hundred. They offered to deduct the original call out charge (for about five mins work, max).

I checked the other person recommended here. He could not oblige. He recommended Able Garage Doors. The Able man (a lone operator) came the next day. He fixed the problem on the spot and charged sixty five pounds. Five months later the door is working just fine.

I offer no opinion; just my experience. Work it out for yourself.

Cheers.

steer well clear from the garage door company, my boss paid over £2000 for his new garage doors and they are apalling. they were called back to replace the frames and they still looked like Stevie Wonder had fitted them, the doors didn't close properly and the motor's had to be secured to the ceiling and properly lined up by me and my collegue. this was on a newbuild with straight walls to fix to so it should've been a straight forward fit

The garage door company is crap, they pay crap wage and hire anyone whos willing to work for peanuts, company got too big and happens all the time. better off using a one man opperation

Thanks dan140177 and danny128

Looks like my experience was not a one-off

I can also recommend Able Garage Doors. I don't have an electric door but they came out and fixed my garage door quickly and the price was very reasonable.

My neighbour's had a similar experience with his garage door and The Gargae Door Company.

Thanks for suggesting an alternative company.

I can also recommend Able Garage Doors. I don't have an electric door but they came out and fixed my garage door quickly and the price was very reasonable.

I can also recommend Able Garage Doors. Called up first thing and able to do same day for me. Can change both cables with proper parts for £65 all in.

Edited by thiett789
spelling mistake

Yep,avoid the garage door company at all costs,poor service,very expensive and only interested in selling you a new door