Yorkshire wildlife park- anyone been recently

read some threads about the park from last year, has anyone been recently ? thinking of taking two nieces next week (9 and 7 yrs) and pondering this place or the Deep in Hull ?

not sure which would be best, they cant decide themselves as one wants the zoo and the other the deep!

I wanted to go but ive not been yet ive heard mixed reviews to be honest. Twycross is a nice zoo, lots of monkeys.

I haven't been to the deep either but im going there soon, im told its not as big as you expect it to be though

not much there at the moment but it is great to see the lions and meerkats,also i think some tigers are on the way.

The best 'animal' day out we ever had was at Chester Zoo. That was a few years ago and I hear it's even better now.

seen some mixed reviews for the deep, was hoping it was like some of the marine experiences they have in the states. wildlife park is closer and if weather is going to be ok might have an outdoor day with them. any other suggestions for 2 youngsters day out?

what is the difference between a zoo and a wildlife park? i like the sound of the wildlife park , it obviously means natural habitat whereas the zoo animals are caged?? not nice ......

I like the wildlife park, not as much there as Chester or Twycross but its only 45 min from Sheffield. The kids will like the fact that they are in the enclosure with the Lemurs, they will come very close to you, there is always the big slide and soft play for them as well

think if the weather is good i am tending toward the wildlife park day tbh with it being a bit closer to sheff. cheers for all replies so far

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

read some threads about the park from last year, has anyone been recently ? thinking of taking two nieces next week (9 and 7 yrs) and pondering this place or the Deep in Hull ?

not sure which would be best, they cant decide themselves as one wants the zoo and the other the deep!

We thought the blue planet was better than the deep.

Not so much of the wow factor as the deep but much more varied and a good outdoor playground.

Plus the deep gets very busy (and the food is horrid - pack a picnic).

I've been to both, the wildlife park was OK but I didnt think it was value for money not like going to Chester or Twycross Zoo (and it cost around the same I think) and the cafe was really expensive (saying this though I do have 4 children).

The Deep is just like the other sealife centres IMO, I wasn't that keen, just a lot of fish! We did go to the museum though after and a few other places just across the road which were free and which we quite enjoyed...

My favourite place is Knowsley Safari park if you want a recommendation, we've been twice and probably will go again sometime this year :)

I went to the wildlife park a few weeks ago with my 8 yr old daughter and my friend and her 2 yr old neice; just fyi its £12 for adults and £9 for children but we were being given a ticket to come back for free so that made it a lot better.

We spent about 3 hours there and although there isn't much to see at the moment it does allow you to walk around in some of the enclosures (such as the goats/sheep; wallabies and lemurs) they have some talks at specific times plus they have 2 nice play areas, one for small-ish kids and a bigger one for the older ones obviously.

I would go on a nice day though as it is all outdoors, but its a nice day out for a picnic.

Edited by partypixie
spelling mistakes