Old coins, where to take to get dated etc ??

We have a largeish collection passed on from my Dad lots of three pennys from 1937-1957, lots of one pennys from 1937-1967, a very heavy Britanina 1797 Georgius 111 D.G.rex we have several of these and lots of small knackered looking coins. We cannot look on e-bay and in books as some of the coins have no writting etc or very faint does anyone know who we could take these to ????????????????????????????????

http://www.coincommunity.com

There's a section on the forum where you can post pictures of the coins and the experts that frequent the site will try and identify them. I had a couple of coins that I couldn't identify and they sorted me out in no time!

Could anyone tell if if the half penny is worth anything? I read they exchanged hands for as much as £200. hope so as i have at least 30. :D

Ta for everyone's messages someone is coming out to value, don't think I will be getting rich quick, but you never know !!!!!!!!!!

Unless a coin is extremely rare, generally collectors are after mint condition. So the badly worn ones won't be worth anything. If the GIII 1797 coins are cartwheel pennys, they may have a little value.

Try Sheffield Auction Gallery @ the Heeley Retail Park. They are really good.

Sent you a PM

Cannot get hold of you, any chance we could have our £25.00 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Cannot get hold of you, any chance we could have our £25.00 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Apparently many coins were lost to funding of the French Revolution.A lot of todays coins eg the 2p are worth a lot for scrap value,and they also can be used in Chinese slot machines as they re the same size as the Yuan (King Size)coin-apparently many laundrettes accept these for tumble drying.