Mothers Day Big Let Down by Selfish Kids

Stop complaining, I've got to wait till May for My Mothers Day :D

Nahh I just think you mothers need to realise we don't all need a designated day for us to show how much we appreciate you.

Lol yes we do.

My objection to all of these 'days' is that the likes of Clintons et al are selling a made up day. Either appreciate the relative which you're being instructed to buy a basket full of crap which will be binned in a week or just salve your conscience with detritus from Hallmark.

I hate Mothers day (Mothering Sunday to give it it's proper title)

I am a Mum of 3 children and I don't need a special day for my children to tell me they love me - we do that every single day.

I don't need over priced tacky gifts. I don't need to be taken out for a meal - again over priced, that will next day be normal price.

Its another money making racket and shame on us for buying into it.

There is a grandparents day. Its of Japanese origin I think

Fiend.

I've just spent half an hour tracing the origins of grandparents day thanks to that comment.

Lol yes we do.
I agree, and there are some strange people around who seem to dislike any of the old traditions on principle, some of them even mothers themselves ... ;)

I've not had any flowers or a proper card, but I got a huge box couriered to my work which turned out to contain an enormous flower balloon, a heart and a star balloon, along with a best mum cuddly cat and a box of chocolates. And I get my proper MD next Sunday when my daughter gets back from Canada!

I'm a happy old mummy tonight. :love:

mother's are everthing when you are fortunate to have a good one that teaches you to have respect as we grow

My (then) husband bought me a single present from the moment of conception of our baby to uh, well, nothing at all related to the birth except one night when he went to the local shop for milk, and came back (prompted doubtless by my grumbles of, you never buy me anything) with a Walnut Whip.

They may indeed be excellent confectionary products, but I'd never expressed any interest and to this day (seventeen years on) I still remember the event. And not in a good way! :huh:

Reminds me of years ago, when my husband accused me of having an affair. He realised he was wrong afterwards, and went to town for a present for me to say sorry. Instead of flowers and chocolates, I got a cactus and a box of chocolate biscuits! - the thought was there though i suppose!:hihi:

who cares...

...anyone who's a mother....

I agree, and there are some strange people around who seem to dislike any of the old traditions on principle, some of them even mothers themselves ... ;)

I've not had any flowers or a proper card, but I got a huge box couriered to my work which turned out to contain an enormous flower balloon, a heart and a star balloon, along with a best mum cuddly cat and a box of chocolates. And I get my proper MD next Sunday when my daughter gets back from Canada!

I'm a happy old mummy tonight. :love:

Hah. Good on ya, rubes! :banana::banana::banana:

I have had the worst mothers day ever. Husband didn't bother taking kids anywhere to get me something, instead he went to Morrissons this morning and bought a card, a half bottle of vodka, Dead Men Don't wear Plaid on DVD (why why why, I've never blooming heard of it?) and some pansies.

THEN, kids didn't even bother to give me said card and presents, they were just left in the Morrissons carrier bag in the kitchen.THEN hubsy decided to have a crisis of confidence and expected me to make him feel better................... WELL, sorry mate, it aint happening.

I am now at work (until 10.30pm) and quite frankly, I think I am better off here.

Happy Mothers Day to all them deserving mum's, I hope you had a better day than me. xxx

- my bold - that part would have really p***ed me off!