Petrol price rises

Fuel Blockades Corker, Thats gotta be the only way. Last time it happened it was only for a few weeks, then everybody forgot bout it. Yes I know this country needs to reduce outgoings ..... But is this the way to do it !!!!!!

Hey ... I'm happy to give it a try !!!!!!!!!

Can't blockade the fuel refineries though, the last government in their wisdom decided that it would now be seen as an act of terrorism! We could what the French do though...block the motorways!

We all moan about petrol being too high but yet we don't bat an eyelid when you can pay more for some fancy named bottle of water.

It seems that the majority of car drivers would like to do something about this and i am one of them... I believe that the mindset is this... "What difference can just i make" I saw yesterday BP at meadowhead £1.40 p/litre and just down the road Morrisons £1.36. It is just crazy and it boils down to the amount the goverment suck out of us in tax... Road tax and then tax on the fuel, then of course we pay VAT on car sundries. To those of you that feel £2.00 per litre is okay may i suggest you tell that to the hauliers and transport companies that bring you the goods that you live for everyday! :loopy:

It seems that the majority of car drivers would like to do something about this and i am one of them... I believe that the mindset is this... "What difference can just i make" I saw yesterday BP at meadowhead £1.40 p/litre and just down the road Morrisons £1.36. It is just crazy and it boils down to the amount the goverment suck out of us in tax... Road tax and then tax on the fuel, then of course we pay VAT on car sundries. To those of you that feel £2.00 per litre is okay may i suggest you tell that to the hauliers and transport companies that bring you the goods that you live for everyday! :loopy:

Prices go up accordingly but there has to be a point when enough is enough. The problem of organising and sustaining an effective protest is still the issue. Once it starts these things have a tendency to escalate quickly...

We can protest all we like.

But the sad truth is that as fuel becomes scarce either through tumoil in the

oil producing countries. Or the sad fact that supplies are running out.

Prices will rise even further. Fuel will be rationed for private use.

or maybe available for public transport, and essential supplies only.

Prices go up accordingly but there has to be a point when enough is enough. The problem of organising and sustaining an effective protest is still the issue. Once it starts these things have a tendency to escalate quickly...

Its no good crying about it and split dummy, it is something you dont have to buy, If you cant afford it, walk or cycle it is not anyone fault you are in a crap job and not earning enough, Let the better class people travel in cars and the lower class on bike and buses

another walking brain dead, if a lorry carry a full load worth £20,000 whats extra £50 in fuel:loopy: supermarket and the likes makes billions would thy really care about extra £2million a year,

this is great, the road are less busy so i can get to where i want quicker and not to be stuck behind some crap out old banger, just wish it goes up to £2 then us busy people can get on with what we need to do

So I guess that is why you struggle to write well constructed sentences. Maybe when you have a bit more time we will all be able to understand your posts.

So I guess that is why you struggle to write well constructed sentences. Maybe when you have a bit more time we will all be able to understand your posts.

i am not working but still can afford to buy new car and full with fuel without worry about the prices going up to £2, is spelling really that important, do you enjoy tesco value brand?

Some quick solutions to saving money.

1. If you need a car. Buy a very fuel efficient car, there are some extremely economical cars on the market these days. Of course, they may not be the best in terms of looks or performance, but they will get you from A-B and save you money.

2. Move closer to your place of work so that you spend less on petrol, can cycle to work or best of all walk. I know many people in my organisation who live in Chesterfield, Rotherham and Barnsley. They complain about fuel costs but won't move to Sheffield to reduce those costs (or get a job in their respective towns and cities). I have no sympathy for their complaints over fuel costs, after all it's their choice to drive those distances.

i am not working but still can afford to buy new car and full with fuel without worry about the prices going up to £2, is spelling really that important, do you enjoy tesco value brand?

Yes, spelling is important, along with how you construct sentences which make sense and can be read.

I do not shop at Tesco's. I shop at Morrison's and Sainsburys. I earn over £40K a year and drive a not so green car. But I am considering my lifestyle and impact on the environment.

Anyone up for doing something about this ???

all we need is some organisation to start a protest bet it woudnt take long to get hundreds to join then thousands we have all had enough lets make the prats in power listen for once