John burkill the pram man

I've only ever clocked him in Hills and going along Langsett Road...never realised he covers so much ground. A life well lived, I think.

Just read the mans "just giving page". What can you say about a man like that, no doubt it has all been said before.

IMHO this is the sort of guy who should have a knighthood, compare this guy and what he has done, with say LORD Prescott of Hull. The mind boggles.

Regards

Angel.

There isn't a lot more to be said, really, he is a lovely, lovely man, i always try and put some money in his bucket when I see him.

He richly deserves some recognition!

Saw him yesterday pushing his pram up Barnsley Road in the rain - steep hill , don't know how he does it ! Totally agree this guy deserves recognition - does anyone know of a website where he can be nominated for a national award , and if so what kind eg MBE ??? would love to be able to address him as Sir John !!:)

He was walking up city road yesterday afternoon.

He is now doing one this month walkin to premier shops but he's not doin it on Christmas day cos he's havin dinner at our house. IM his grandson

He is now doing one this month walkin to premier shops but he's not doin it on Christmas day cos he's havin dinner at our house. IM his grandson

Stick yer grandad an extra spud on his plate; he deserves it. :)

Bless him!!! He is a true legend! i see him regular, twice last week, in his shorts and T shirt! it was bitter i ask him do you not feel the cold? "nah lass, ya get used to it" :D, he always gives the kids a high five and puts a smile on their faces.

KEEP UP, YOUR AMAZING PLIGHT JOHN!!!

Hope you proud of him,im sure you are. TOP MAN.

I seen a lot ov people knowing who " the mad walker with the pram " is it gives me a buzz when I say that's my grandad I really am so proud ov him together with us we will get that target.

I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all when he comes down and sees us at our house I will show him this he will be so happy

please tell your grandpa from us, he's a Top Man, and doing a brilliant job! :thumbsup: more power to his elbow!

please tell your grandpa from us, he's a Top Man, and doing a brilliant job! :thumbsup: more power to his elbow!

Yep, I'd agree with that!

Top Job Danny, your Grandad is a legend!

Please ask him to think about recording some of his experiences from his many miles on the road. I know he probably doesn't have time to write but if we can get a dictaphone for him then one day I think it would make an amazing book. I always see him on Langsett road and some days he has kids on bikes following him. I know someone mentioned that he was mugged but I really hope that wasn't true.

Either way, let me know if he is up for it and I'll gladly buy him a dictaphone!

He really deserves all the applause in the world for everything he's done so far. Top man! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ryan