John burkill the pram man

awwww thank You! X

Can we elope and adopt John?:love:

He comes up on Woodseats sometimes too. Last time he was around in the summer he was telling me that some idiots ran past and took the flowers off the front of his pram so I gave him a couple of windmills instead. We were having a joke that if he wired them up to the wheels they might generate enough power to get him up Meadowhead double quick!

He's a real sweetheart, in his green wig and all! I didn't realise he had done so much fundraising though. Someone should nominate him for the New Year Honours list. Sometimes it takes a few goes to get someone accepted for an honour though :(

ETA: Just to make it clear, it's me saying they were idiots, not him. He seems far too kind to call anyone names, even when they deserve it :)

Edited by rubydazzler

I live in S5, and one day I can see him in Tinsley the next day high green! He was in Asda Chapeltown today and I donated, he is older than I thought too judging by the miles he does. Well done that man.

Very commendable but would you give less to macmillan if he stayed in bed one morning?

Its a serious question - i'm never too sure about "sponsoring" people - if a charity is worth giving to - what odds does it make if someone has/hasn't done some random thing to whether you give to the charity??

Very commendable but would you give less to macmillan if he stayed in bed one morning?

Its a serious question - i'm never too sure about "sponsoring" people - if a charity is worth giving to - what odds does it make if someone has/hasn't done some random thing to whether you give to the charity??

I have to admit so far I have been very blessed and not had anyone close to me who has had a serious illness like cancer, or really know anyone who has had connection with any other charity. So when I did my shopping on that day I saved the amount I may have given to the bag packers for this gent who I noticed when I entered the shop, just because of the number of times I have seen of promoting that cause.

I saw him last thursday he walked passed my brothers house and then i saw him again on carlise street,he must have been walking either to the asda in chapletown or the one in rotherham he was also in last wednesdays sheffield star i think

i had the pleasure of meeting john the man with the pram and green wig, at firth park on saturday morning ,and what a gentleman he is doing a fantastic job for macmillans, its time he was on look north, and calendar and its time he got a obe for the hard work he does, ps its time he got a nice new sign for his pram so a bit of sponsorship from, a sign maker would be nice. keep up the good work john and thanks for the chat you made my day,

This man is inspirational. Saw him Saturday morning walking down cross hill at ecclesfield

I landed in town about half three and he was on Fargate. I bunged him a few quid and he shook my hand and said thanks as he always does. He is a hero to be honest. It would be nice to see him get some recognition whilst he is alive instead of lament when he is dead

i agree and if any tv people read this it would be nice to give him a push with his charity work , no pun intended im just glad its getting a bit better weather for him now.

Top man best of luck fella !!!