John burkill the pram man

Hi all,

Came across these posts and thought I'd post a John update.

His latest challenge is in two parts.

He will be setting off from BBC Radio Sheffield on Friday 29 July at 9am and walking to York – a distance of 58 miles.

He will arrive in York on Saturday, where he may have time to put his feet up in the evening, before entering The Jane Tomlinson Race in York, which is another 10K.

Amazingly, John is even thinking of walking back on Monday.

Just so you know, John has now taken part in over 854 races including half marathons, 10K runs, marathons inc. London 20 times and Sheffield half marathon every year since it began.

His target is to raise £250,000 and he's determined to get there - he's just reached half way as you can see by going to Just Giving and searching for Mad Man with the Pram.

Also, we are have submitted an application for John to be our Torch Bearer for 2012. Fingers crossed.

And if John has inspired any of you to do something for Macmillan let me know - don't worry you don't have to do 68 miles! :-)

Rob Turner

Fundraising manager - Sheffield

Macmillan Cancer Support

Would it help if more of us nominated him for the Torch Bearer role?

It looks like you need all his details to nominate him otherwise I would just go ahead and do it.....

If anyone see's him get his details it would be brill to see him carry the torch he is a true gent an should be awarded for all his hard work :)

Hi all,

I've nominated John for the Olympic Torch...from what I understand it doesn't matter how many people nominate for the honour - it is one per person.

However, a supporter has Emailed me and said they've set up an online petition for John which I'm sure he would be very touched by.

Link is here if anybody is interested.

http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/macmillan-olympic-torch-lets-have-john-burkhill-fundraiser-carrying-the-olympic-torch-2012/3094

Rob - Macmillan

Also, we are have submitted an application for John to be our Torch Bearer for 2012. Fingers crossed.

I *really* hope he gets this, he so deserves it. Saw him last Wednesday, what an amazing bloke.

This bloke is sooo amazing person i have ever seen - soo much dedication

if anyone takes the **** - they need shooting

He came into my work the other day. He was starting a 1000 mile walk and has already raised over £100,000 for Macmillan. Amazing bloke.

This guy is absolutely amazing.

He should be turning on the christmas lights

I so hope he gets the olympic torch too. He's such a personable bloke when you talk to him, plus he does amazing stuff and he adds a bit of character and gaiety to the city. Top bloke.

Today I saw a gent walking along Penistone Road dressed in a Green Wig and green clothes labelled Macmillan Cancer charity pushing a shopper trolley.

I saw him about 2 weeks ago near Kelham Island dressed the same walking towards Penistone Road.

His trolley has a sign on the front however because I'm driving I don't get chance to read it. He's no spring chicken but is walking with a real purpose (despite a bandaged knee).

Does anybody know who is and what he is doing etc? Does he have a Justgiving site?

Regards all.

Have you been living in a Cocoon for a couple of years?

Have you been living in a Cocoon for a couple of years?

In a manner of speaking the original post has - its from two years ago.

He was battling his way up City Rd this afternoon in some of the worst weather i've seen in a long time.

This man is nothing short of a hero.

Top man. Always smiling, I saw him yesterday in city centre. It was freezing but he was still in his green shorts and t shirt!

OBE definitely should be given to this man!