John burkill the pram man

Well I met John today in Rotherham town centre. He had walked all the way, and was sitting for a rest. I decided to have a word with him. I had seen him in Asda at Chapeltown yesterday and he had given my little boy a book. I told him thanks for the book, and he went on to tell me a bit about himself. He is an inspiration to many and the hard work he puts in to raising money is outstanding. I told him about the various threads about him on here and he said he's heard about them but he has only just learnt how to use his mobile, let alone a computer!

Saw him at Handsworth Asda last week, also saw him out just after the heavy snow last year, roads had just been cleared, he was on Norton Avenue.

I do believe hes walking between Chapletown, Handsworth & Rotherham Asdas at the moment in a kindof big circle. Ive seen him around darnall a few times recently. He's a star and if youre in your car and its safe to give him a little tap on the horn, He'll always give you a cheery wave back. X

He told me he should be in the star next week as he is going to hit a target of so many miles x

Hi all,

Came across these posts and thought I'd post a John update.

His latest challenge is in two parts.

He will be setting off from BBC Radio Sheffield on Friday 29 July at 9am and walking to York – a distance of 58 miles.

He will arrive in York on Saturday, where he may have time to put his feet up in the evening, before entering The Jane Tomlinson Race in York, which is another 10K.

Amazingly, John is even thinking of walking back on Monday.

Just so you know, John has now taken part in over 854 races including half marathons, 10K runs, marathons inc. London 20 times and Sheffield half marathon every year since it began.

His target is to raise £250,000 and he's determined to get there - he's just reached half way as you can see by going to Just Giving and searching for Mad Man with the Pram.

Also, we are have submitted an application for John to be our Torch Bearer for 2012. Fingers crossed.

And if John has inspired any of you to do something for Macmillan let me know - don't worry you don't have to do 68 miles! :-)

Rob Turner

Fundraising manager - Sheffield

Macmillan Cancer Support

Hi all,

Came across these posts and thought I'd post a John update.

His latest challenge is in two parts.

He will be setting off from BBC Radio Sheffield on Friday 29 July at 9am and walking to York – a distance of 58 miles.

He will arrive in York on Saturday, where he may have time to put his feet up in the evening, before entering The Jane Tomlinson Race in York, which is another 10K.

Amazingly, John is even thinking of walking back on Monday.

Just so you know, John has now taken part in over 854 races including half marathons, 10K runs, marathons inc. London 20 times and Sheffield half marathon every year since it began.

His target is to raise £250,000 and he's determined to get there - he's just reached half way as you can see by going to Just Giving and searching for Mad Man with the Pram.

Also, we are have submitted an application for John to be our Torch Bearer for 2012. Fingers crossed.

And if John has inspired any of you to do something for Macmillan let me know - don't worry you don't have to do 68 miles! :-)

Rob Turner

Fundraising manager - Sheffield

Macmillan Cancer Support

Never heard of him. Does he just walk around collecting money for charity? What's the deal?

Here's the link to his justgiving page:http://www.justgiving.com/madmanwithpram

There's a little more information about him on there. What an incredible chap.

Wow. I didn't expect to read anything like that, I expected an over exaggeration.

Good luck to him, sounds like a top guy.

Could someone not start a petition for an award or for him to carry the torch etc? i no i would for definate sign it!! Top bloke!!

Great idea re; petition - would anyone be willing to set this up?

Rob