Anyone work for the old coal merchants

Uncle hedley used to deliver coal to us when I was a boy in the 60,s. My father was Albert Smith and mother Rita. I think Hedley was my fathers half brother

Yes that is correct,he was half brother to my uncle Hedley, I am a cousin of Judy and Roy Milner, the children of Hedley Milner we all lived in the same area, just off Ecclesall Road. Judy lives at Sandygate and Roy in Chesterfield, we are all in regular touch with each other

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 14:30 ----------

Uncle hedley used to deliver coal to us when I was a boy in the 60,s. My father was Albert Smith and mother Rita. I think Hedley was my fathers half brother

Yes that is correct,he was half brother to my uncle Hedley, I am a cousin of Judy and Roy Milner, the children of Hedley Milner we all lived in the same area, just off Ecclesall Road. Judy lives at Sandygate and Roy in Chesterfield, we are all in regular touch with each other. He kept his lorry on the sidings at Millhouses.:)

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 14:37 ----------

I have, for a number of years, being trying to find out the name of any coal merchants or employees who operated out of Millhouses Coal Sidings at Millhouses & Ecclesall Station in the late 1950's or early 1960's. This was before the Station Ticket Office was used as the coal depot Office. I used to watch them when train spotting in my youth and am now modelling the area. Thanks for any information given.

My Uncle Hedley Milner operated out of the Millhouses coal sidings also his son Roy. they lived on Denham Road, Sheffield and ran the office from there. He worked in all weathers and some days used to come home wet through. I am the cousin and still keep in regular touch with my cousins of Hedley Judy & Roy.

It was always wonderful to have an open fire. ;)

Yes that is correct,he was half brother to my uncle Hedley, I am a cousin of Judy and Roy Milner, the children of Hedley Milner we all lived in the same area, just off Ecclesall Road. Judy lives at Sandygate and Roy in Chesterfield, we are all in regular touch with each other

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 14:30 ----------

Yes that is correct,he was half brother to my uncle Hedley, I am a cousin of Judy and Roy Milner, the children of Hedley Milner we all lived in the same area, just off Ecclesall Road. Judy lives at Sandygate and Roy in Chesterfield, we are all in regular touch with each other. He kept his lorry on the sidings at Millhouses.:)

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 14:37 ----------

My Uncle Hedley Milner operated out of the Millhouses coal sidings also his son Roy. they lived on Denham Road, Sheffield and ran the office from there. He worked in all weathers and some days used to come home wet through. I am the cousin and still keep in regular touch with my cousins of Hedley Judy & Roy.

It was always wonderful to have an open fire. ;)

I remember Hedley and Roy, I worked delivering for S &E coop, me and my Brother in law Jack Brown, if you ask Roy I'm sure he will remember him, I was working there in 1971 when I had a phone call in the office from hospital to say my wife had given birth to our son,14 week premature.

anyone remember joe emmens yard was off newhall road i think

A little old man called ken stamp worked at Crosby kitchens he was a descendant of the king Cole empire says his uncle ran away with all the money that'swhy it stopped trading

--------------

Bantycock, can you remember Jensons coal lorries they use to bring

coal to my mums in Cyclops St in the 60s, when i got my own place

in Hunsley St we had Truswells bringing our coal. :|

--------------

Truswells yes very well big red lorries lol

Truswells yes very well big red lorries lol

Yes, my uncle drove for Truswells in a red Bedford like this one on a magazine for sale on ebay... Don't click on BUY unless you want to proceed to buy the mag though :)......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-VINTAGE-COMMERCIALS-MAGAZINE-AUGUST-2011-TRUCK-LORRY-BEDFORD-LEYLAND-/172042488428?hash=item280e880a6c:g:JOIAAOSwv0tVT6sw

See my post number 15 on page 1.

Peter.

Edited by PeterR

Anyone remember Fred Poole?

I work't for B&H in the 60s on the tipper lorry's pits too power stations some off the drivers-Bill whittaker-johnny Taylor-Harry Godfrey-the Haywood brothers Alf & Ray- smokey Joe-& Big jack Fisher, Diesel man little charlie tyre man charlie thorpe ? garage Allan Baines- Bert longdon-jack goss--charlie (storeman) & many more.

I worked for EA Stevenson in 1965/6 in Kingfield Road and Burnett & Hallamshire from 1966 to 1973 in the Psalter Lane Head Office. I knew all the Directors and main movers. B & H sold the fuel business and operated as British Fuel Company from around 1970. BFC continued to operate the bulk haulage business as E A Stevenson.

--------------

Remember Jessops coal merchants cannot remember Jensons.

Remember Jessops coal merchants cannot remember Jensons.

---------------

Yes David when Jensons came up our st Cyclops St he use to pick me

up on his rounds and i just went for the run, he also delivered in

Pitsmoor aswell. I was just leaving school then.

We had Trusswells in the 40's and 50's on Botham St and probably into the 60's.

We had Trusswells in the 40's and 50's on Botham St and probably into the 60's.

-----------------

Hiya Fleetwood, I can just see him now, the bloke that brought

our coal in Hunsley St. He was tall and wore glasses but can't remember

his name, i know he made me and wife laugh with his jokes.

Times many i've been down the cellar grate. :hihi::hihi::hihi: