Anyone work for the old coal merchants

.....Revealed this week, Scargill tried to buy his Council flat in London.

are you sure it was his? i think you will find out it wasn't his to buy.

Just what I have read all over the media this week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25731328

The flat belonged to the union, he was trying to buy it but failed for that reason, but he did say that he was going to give the proceeds from the sale back to the union.

My Grandad was in the Coal business but I cant remember where he worked . His name was Wilfred Holmes

My Uncle Hedley Milner was a coal merchant and lived on Denham Road, off Ecclesall Road, can anyone remember him and his son Roy doing the rounds.

Uncle hedley used to deliver coal to us when I was a boy in the 60,s. My father was Albert Smith and mother Rita. I think Hedley was my fathers half brother

I have, for a number of years, being trying to find out the name of any coal merchants or employees who operated out of Millhouses Coal Sidings at Millhouses & Ecclesall Station in the late 1950's or early 1960's. This was before the Station Ticket Office was used as the coal depot Office. I used to watch them when train spotting in my youth and am now modelling the area. Thanks for any information given.

I started my working life at Burnett and Hallamshire Fuels in their portakab offices in Nunnery sidings (off Bernard Road), now built over with the police station. Their head office was on Psalter Lane.

my father and uncle drove leyland super comets here

I remember as a kid listening to the roar of the coal going into the cellar when the coal man came. I always wondered why they were so bad at counting - we only ever seemed to get four out of five bags or nine bags instead of the ten we were charged for !

Does anyone remember the Dennis Brothers (Ernest, George & Reg), my dad was Ernest who went on to buy R.S.Knight & Co. Ltd of Glen Road, Nether Edge. I actually worked for British Fuel, Psalter Lane offices. I recognise the names Les Allen as I worked with his son Peter, Bill Wildsmith, & the name of Musson who left to run a hotel in Gt Yarmouth was married to my aunt Laura (sister of the brothers mentioned above)

coal merchants in catcliffe were Mussums at the Bottom of Railway Avenue and phillip Downsby's at the bottom of brinsworth road , does anyone remember them?

Charlie Musson was our coal man back in the 50's. My granddad was a miner at Treeton and we got a load every month dumped at the back garden gate ( not bagged) and I used to help him get it to the coal house.We lived on South View Terrace. I also used to load up lots of coal merchants from rail cars at the sidings above Orgreave coke ovens ,in the school holidays

When my Husband was young he worked for King Coal in Darnall. Was owned by Mr. Stamp. They also used to be a coal merchant who came on Attercliffe and he had a horse and cart and knew everyone.

A little old man called ken stamp worked at Crosby kitchens he was a descendant of the king Cole empire says his uncle ran away with all the money that'swhy it stopped trading