Can anyone remember the Big Issue seller who used to be outside the station

...about 10 years ago (bit less...) there was a Big Issue seller by the train station? I remember he ALWAYS appeared happy and chatty...wore a green coat usually, had a moustache and long hair...

Nice guy, I stood and chatted to him for over an hour once about something-or-other...I remember he said he'd been homeless for 20 years or something and so lived in a squat. Does anyone know what happened to him or what his name was?

Isn't this the bloke who has the pitch outside the town hall now. ?

Rat? He used to sell in Leeds as well prior to that. He used to date someone I worked with called Catherine. I've not seen him for a while.

Rat? He used to sell in Leeds as well prior to that. He used to date someone I worked with called Catherine. I've not seen him for a while.

where do you work? netto?

where do you work? netto?

Lol. No. In the mid nineties I worked for The Body Shop in Leeds and Rat used to collect his Big Issues from our shop.

The guy who used to be like a homeless Brian Blessed? I once saw him greet a couple of Japanese tourists who promptly ran for it :)

He seemed a nice bloke though, just perhaps a little too... extravagant?

Isn't this the bloke who has the pitch outside the town hall now. ?

Nah, its another guy...used to shout "HEY there BUDDY!! How ya doing? Alright?"

(someone MUST know him now lol)

Most of these "homeless" guys are richer than us hard workin guys and live a better life !

Honest(ly) Colin?

...about 10 years ago (bit less...) there was a Big Issue seller by the train station? I remember he ALWAYS appeared happy and chatty...wore a green coat usually, had a moustache and long hair...

Nice guy, I stood and chatted to him for over an hour once about something-or-other...I remember he said he'd been homeless for 20 years or something and so lived in a squat. Does anyone know what happened to him or what his name was?

sells in Leeds now. On the corner of Park Row and The Headrow.

Funny thing is he sold outside Hallam Student Union/railway station for years whilst i was at the uni and then 10 years later he's selling right outside my work place!!

Agree, nice guy . Always seems full of beans!

His real name was Eidar Steffarsson (aka Rat Vendor)

He was Icelandic.

A top bloke.