Birley primary and junior school

remember mister pyster,gillis,butcher,charlesworth,miss lowe(hippy) mrs wilson(horn rimmed specs) carnell, miss bull. from infants mrs fuller,gifford, allonby ,willey(tittering),and ithink mrs lathem-think she died in an accident but nothing was mentioned just vanished!!40 oddyears ago!

I went to Birley primary I was born 1970 went through all the schools leaving Thornbridge in 1986. My favourite teacher was Miss Senior became Mrs Allen while I was at the primary school don't remember any other primary school teachers. Middle school Mr Mitchel was the headteacher I think music teacher was very memerable  but I can't bring his name to mind, young and tallish with a beard. Anyone else from the same time there? 

This is a blast from the past. It would be interesting to know what paths were taken or given, for me, its been 40 years this year for me. I did a foundry apprenticeship for 4 years then drove lorries since 1986. Semi - retired now.

4 hours ago, paulo n said:

This is a blast from the past. It would be interesting to know what paths were taken or given, for me, its been 40 years this year for me. I did a foundry apprenticeship for 4 years then drove lorries since 1986. Semi - retired now.

Have you been to any of the reunions? I wentered to one at the Embassy in Summer of '96 for 10 year reunion of leaving Thornbridge Comp. My kids went to the same schools so came across parents that i'd been to school with or their siblings.  

I went to all the Birley schools  between 1955 to 1967 ,great days and memories of the Birley area.

I went to Frecheville infants & juniors and then to Westfield but my two brothers went to Birley from about 1954 onwards.