UK becoming more racist now

In 2007, on the first day of those floods, my daughter, then 7, had that very same thing, minus the toxic shock, and was treated at the Sheffields childrens hospital.
Events like that tend to impress parents for a long time. I'm very glad your daughter was treated (successfully, I trust...not all manage to pull through :( ), and to learn that SCH staff is obviously well on the ball :thumbsup:

How many interns and consultants did SCH get to visit your daughter for their professional development? We must have met the entire pediatric contingent of the whole Republic within a week ourselves!

<apologies for the off-T>

EDIT on-T: the irony is of course, that we were the immigrants (being treated by the 'Irish NHS') at that time. Any Brit who has spent some time living in Ireland (still to this day) will be able to testify that 1921 doesn't feel that long ago to very many Irish ;)

Edited by L00b

Being a naturally talkative kind of chappy he asks them. However else will he check the little boxes in his notebook. :hihi:

I reckon he must be notorious down the hospital for demanding staff give him their country of birth.

You must be famous at the hospital, they way you instantly discover what country the staff came from!

Do you give them a questionaire to fill in?

Have you asked BF how he can prove that the person he mentioned was Anglo Saxon? I'm so sure you'll find it is very important to find out before you get this thread closed as well.

Thanks Alien, you've explained my position better than I would have done :thumbsup:

No he didn't, Spindrift (closer of threads) asked me how I knew they weren't immigrants and asked if I'd gone round checking/asking them so surely he's intersted in your Anglo Saxon and how you knew he was Anglo Saxon.

Have you asked BF how he can prove that the person he mentioned was Anglo Saxon?

It's pretty easy to tell if someone's an anglo-saxon, you can distinguish Tanzanians and Filipinos, that's impressive!

I reckon he must be notorious down the hospital for demanding staff give him their country of birth.

Well you have to be sure for the closer of threads (spindrift) satisfaction.

Mod Note

Lets try debating this without the personal comments please.

What would you say distinguishes Tanzanians from Kenyans or Zambians?

That's undoubtedly a serious event. It may well have been due to the inadequacies of the nurse concerned, rather than a genuine oversight. But that experience is no reason to damn the whole community of foreign healthworkers, after all they make up 1/3rd of the total staff in the NHS, so there would be a much higher incidence of mistakes being made if your theory was to have any credibility.

I feel you're missing my point which is if they trained enough in the UK they wouldn't have to go on medic shopping trips abroad

In 1969 at the Northern general virtualy as soon as you qualified you were sacked (it happened to a personal friend of ours) and the final year student nurses took your places along with a first year influx set on.

No he didn't, Spindrift (closer of threads) asked me how I knew they weren't immigrants and asked if I'd gone round checking/asking them so surely he's intersted in your Anglo Saxon and how you knew he was Anglo Saxon.

You still don't get it do you. He didn't know he was Anglo Saxon..it just fitted in with your ludicrously bigoted assumption that you can define someone by looking at them. Yeesh man, wake up.

What would you say distinguishes Tanzanians from Kenyans or Zambians?

Nothing they're all ******. Just like according to you all white British are Anglo Saxons even if some came from Finland.

Nothing they're all ******.

So how could you tell the difference? Are you admitting you made the story up? You accused foreign health workers of serious medical breaches that would result in disciplinary procedures, now you're admitting it isn't true?