UK becoming more racist now

So your answer is not to train any but bring them in from abroad, we're talking about why they started stealing health workers from abroad instead of teaching our own.

Ask why there are so many agency nurses in our hospitals.

No my answer isnt to not train home grown doctors/nurses, you're entirely missing my point.

You cant train them unless there are people available and willing to be trained of the right calibre!

School leavers have a myriad of choices available to them, medicine is an academic and competitive challenge, whilst nursing isn't seen in the same way it was by school leavers 30/40 years ago.

The NHS tried to address the chronic shortage of midwives a few years ago, the experiment involved recruiting non SRN qualified people, which would have been the traditional pathway to midwifery. It wasnt a resounding success as many dropped out because they were not up to the challenge either motivationally or from an experience point of view.

So what do you want to do Bass-should we sign up neurosurgeons on YTS schemes? It might get bums on seats, but it could end up with your brains alongside it.

After an operation 6 years ago an imoported African nurse wheeled the oxygen trolly onto the airline and blocked the oygen flow, the identity band on my wrist was too tight so she cut the band off and threw it in a bin without replacing it.

We all have 'stories' of NHS **** ups and mistakes, my own son had a healthy appendix removed 4 years ago, by an experienced, well qualified consultant surgeon..who happened to be a white, anglo saxon..no harm done.

We all have 'stories' of NHS **** ups and mistakes, my own son had a healthy appendix removed 4 years ago, by an experienced, well qualified consultant surgeon..who happened to be a white, anglo saxon..no harm done.

The problem is you are actually communicating with a bigot and a racist bf. This guy is of an age that no amount of discussion will dissuade him, regardless. He thinks that by cleverly swapping words he'll somehow be seen as a debater when in actual fact he's the antipathy of the opposite. You say Black he'll swear White. The irony is and I'm not sure if you've realised is that he doesn't give two hoots about your views, he's looking for a platform and you're giving it to him on a plate. His narrow minded repetitive little sound bites dressed with the odd nuance gives the false impression of diverse thinking where in reality the opposite is true.

I bought my children a puppy recently, if you wish to borrow you are most welcome..you'll get a lot more sense from it.;)

Did you ask him if he was Anglo Saxon? Spindrift will want to know when he comes on to get the thread closed as he has with two others yesterday.

BTW just prior to my recent hernia op the aneathetists was asking me some strange questions, it turned out that the notes he'd brought in were for someone having a completely different operation.

Edited by Bassman62

The problem is you are actually communicating with a bigot and a racist bf. This guy is of an age that no amount of discussion will dissuade him, regardless. He thinks that by cleverly swapping words he'll somehow be seen as a debater when in actual fact he's the antipathy of the opposite. You say Black he'll swear White. The irony is and I'm not sure if you've realised is that he doesn't give two hoots about your views, he's looking for a platform and you're giving it to him on a plate. His narrow minded repetitive little sound bites dressed with the odd nuance gives the false impression of diverse thinking where in reality the opposite is true.

I bought my children a puppy recently, if you wish to borrow you are most welcome..you'll get a lot more sense from it.;)

And your contribution to this topic is?.......................................0

Worth noting that contrary to common belief, agency staff are not cheaper than regular staff, once you factor in the payments to the agencies (which are a fair bit higher than the wages the agency staff actually receive)
But the hospital do not have to pay the extras like holiday pay, sick pay, NI contributions etc.

Originally Posted by boyfriday

The problem is you are actually communicating with a bigot and a racist bf.

So come on Mr oh so perfect why aren't you asking how BF knew the guy was Anglo Saxon?

Did you ask him if he was Anglo Saxon? Spindrift will want to know when he comes on to get the thread closed as he has with two others yesterday.
No I didnt actually, but whether they were or weren't the fact is mistakes are made in hospitals, not just by foreigners, this surgeon certainly wasnt a member of the group your highlighting as being a particular problem.

BTW just prior to my recent hernia op the aneathetists was asking me some strange questions, it turned out that the notes he'd brought in were for someone having a completely different operation.

Presumably they were alert to this oversight pretty quickly? Hope yr well recovered btw :)

No I didnt actually, but whether they were or weren't the fact is mistakes are made in hospitals, not just by foreigners, this surgeon certainly wasnt a member of the group your highlighting as being a particular problem.

Well you'd better find out because Spindrift will want it clarifying.

Presumably they were alert to this oversight pretty quickly? Hope yr well recovered btw :)

Sure was from me.

This was the same hospital where the Tanzanian nurse cut off my Identity tag and failed to replace it followed by the oygen supply that she wheeled the trolley onto.

BTW hows you problem.

Sure was from me.

This was the same hospital where the Tanzanian nurse cut off my Identity tag and failed to replace it followed by the oygen supply that she wheeled the trolley onto.

BTW hows you problem.

You must be famous at the hospital, they way you instantly discover what country the staff came from!

Do you give them a questionaire to fill in?

Also, a hypocrite who posts dishonest lies aboput people then calls then "terrorist sympathisers".