A nice Outdoor Drinking Sunshine Spot

The Garrison Hotel within the Hillsborough Barracks has an outdoor rooftop sun terrace that not many people in Sheffield know about, a great suntrap and even has a retractable canopy that can pull back across half or full area of the decking.

Perfect for BBQ's could host a Live band or Sports events, small trade shows and is currently being used for Wedding functions. Would anyone be interested in hiring this perhaps for drinking for a birthday party or get to gether gathering? Or even anything a little bit different?

Is the garrison just for events?

Hayley, yes it is for events at the Garrison and we are considering uses and function hire suggestions for this summer..your thoughts are welcome. Jonathan

Do you have any cask ale yet? I last went in about 2004 and the bitter was creamflow Boddies.

Do you know if there is any work going at the Garrison?

Iv got catering experience and have worked in a bar before.

Would be a lovely place to work :)

There has been cask ale sampled before, but it is believed it wouldn't work here with the guests? Perhaps it might? But it would have to be worth putting on as ale takes more looking after and cellar managing properly as you'll know. We do have an interesting tailored 'Jailbird Bitter' Pint for a very reasonable price amongst other bitters.

The New Barrack Tavern on Penistone road do cask ales although I've never been in.

Haylez - There aren't any official vacancies at the moment, but if it's part time work you're interested in then yes the restaurant manager Tony might be in touch as we're always full on weekends with Weddings, booked party meals, Sunday lunches and reunions and themed event nights. Feel free to drop in your c.v and take away an application form as we keep them on file either way.

Thankyou. Yes any work!

Im flexiable

There has been cask ale sampled before, but it is believed it wouldn't work here with the guests? Perhaps it might? But it would have to be worth putting on as ale takes more looking after and cellar managing properly as you'll know.

I would think some guests might like it if it was any good. If it was badly kept, too warm and tasted 'off' then no, I wouldn't like it either. But maybe it's worth a shout?

True, could work....would you suggest a pale rider? Moonshine? Absolution? Bombardier? I think something Sheffield with Kelham Island in mind, however more and more places I visit are now doing this...The Devonshire Cat near Corporation has many

True, could work....would you suggest a pale rider? Moonshine? Absolution? Bombardier? I think something Sheffield with Kelham Island in mind, however more and more places I visit are now doing this...The Devonshire Cat near Corporation has many

A Sheffield one (or two) definitely. As you're near the Barrack Tavern their customers will visit you too if you have a nice cask beer or two.