Is fifty million quid spent on Burngreave fair to other areas

and spending millions putting up bricks and fences on poor housing doesnt, its still a s..t tip!

I know of 3 Poles who couldn't wait to get away,one moved to Grimesthorpe and think its better,now that says something.

sheffield city council have just let it turn into a ghetto area, i dont care if im being politically correct or not its just unsafe for certain people to walk through, both male and female!

So was Burngreaves level of depravation any differant from lets say Darnall,Arbourthorne,Shiregreen etc or was there another reason why this area was singled out for all the sweeties.

Yes. It comes even lower down on the government indices of deprivation than those areas, not by much, but by a noticeable amount. Also Burngreave was considered to have the 'community infrastructure' required to make New Deal a success - ie a significant number of community organisations who would help to make sure (supposedly) that it was 'bottom up' not top down regeneration.

Of course, vast amounts were wasted - Sorby House and especially Forum House most notably - but vast amounts went on highly useful things too, the extra support for advice services brought in millions directly to people who needed it, support for education services and extra young peoples' services (which, sure, should be a statutory provision anyway) did a load of good. Various community groups were supported enough for them to now be able to bid competeitively for service tenders. Those are all good things that wouldn't have happened without New Deal.

As for the 'Bling Bus' - thats a rather pathetic whine from the useless, 'we'll slag Burngreave off given any opportunity' Star, it wasn't even that expensive and has been quite popular with residents when it's been used.

wonder how many councillors gave jobs for the boys....bet one or two took a slice of the 50 mill......councillor or mp....all the same....money grabbing parasites....clegg,milliband and cameron...all wannabee tories....now look at that new waste of money behind the railway station...thought this city was skint

considering that the money was allocated a few years ago and has now been spent[ wisely or otherwise] is the question just a little bit late?

wonder how many councillors gave jobs for the boys....bet one or two took a slice of the 50 mill......councillor or mp....all the same....money grabbing parasites....clegg,milliband and cameron...all wannabee tories....now look at that new waste of money behind the railway station...thought this city was skint

I once worked at a house on Burgoyne Road and the bloke who lived there was made redundant from the steel works,I told him iwas sorry to hear about his bad luck.

The guy told me not to worry for him as he had already been fixed up with a job on the council, i asked him what is job would be expecting him to be on the bins or summat,

It turned out he had been put in charge of inspecting Demolition sites for safety and working practises;

I asked him what he new about demolition and he said nowt but my mate is Councilor ----- ----- .