Sign in to follow this  

Leeds Utd escape administration

Leeds Utd FC have managed to escape going into administration by getting a temporary reprieve from their creditors. The club currently stands over £78 million pounds in debt.

I still can't understand how the club has spiralled into this kind of debt. Yes, granted they have spent on players, but they have also cashed in and made huge profits on some of these players. It now seems an increasing possibility that most of their remaining top players such has Viduka & Smith will be sold.

It appears that the only way that Leeds ease these debt worries and escape administration is by been taken over by a consortium. It been reported that there are a couple of takeover bids materialising but these will have to be hurried along as the creditors will not wait forever and will demand players to be sold.

All this and a relegation fight on the cards.

Will lessons be learned from this? Probably not.

I hope they get relegated, I hate Leeds UTD.

The loss in revenue would cripple them even further. :D

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Oh how I'd laugh if they ceased to exist :D

Me too. :D

I think I heard on the radio this morning that they've got until 19th January to find an investor or buyer.

I had respect for Leeds once-upon-a-time, what with them being from Yorkshire. (Even as an armchair Owls fan, I was upset when the Blades missed out on promotion).

However, my respect for them quickly diminished after that little 'incident' involving local ethnic minorities.

Any club who supports their players after they've done such a thing is playing with fire. Teams like Man Utd and Arsenal may get into trouble off the pitch, but they are sufficiently successful on the pitch to ride out the worst of it.

David O'Leary took a gamble...and lost. And what we're seeing today is (I hope) divine retribution for that!

I hope they go down

I hope they go down

I hope they go down

Oh, and Woodgate and Bowyer did commit those offences. I was working in Leeds at the time and one of my colleagues told me some very interesting information, which may or may not have made it to the courtroom.

In the interests of a fair trial (ho ho) I will not publish it here just yet.

Last I heard (many months ago), the recipients (of the beating up) were taking a private prosecution against the deliverers (of the beating up), so I would not to prejudice any court proceedings.

I would like the ex-Leeds players prosecuted for the incident, so I'll keep quiet if need be.

I think we all heard lots of things from various people bout them incidents...surely thats another post tho???? They aint even Leeds players anymore!!!.......still be good to see them go down tho..he he...and I don't just mean Bowyer and Woodgate...It aint David O Leary's fault...he wanted players...was given the money..he spent it...The board and Chairman have to take responsibility instead of blaming others...they run the club itself. For example Leeds United pay Man City I think approx 50-60% of Robbie Fowler's wages....at 65 grand a week that isn't good business...Harry Kewell went to Liverpool and Leeds got £2m for a £10m rated player...Kewell got more dosh than Leeds did..u gotta laff...2-3 years ago you got all the old timer Leeds players commenting from their pubs that they own on Wetherby about how Leeds were back and the title is on the way back to Elland Road...mmm....wrong were very they methinks!!!

I hope Leeds do get relegated. It would be a great warning to all clubs who think they can buy success. Besides, everyone hates Leeds. The Blades, wednesday, arsenal, man u, rotherham and more all think they're scum.

Originally posted by Agent ****

I hope Leeds do get relegated. It would be a great warning to all clubs who think they can buy success.

Come on mate, you need money to buy success these days. When was the last time a poor team won anything? Even Blackburns glory days were only down to Jack Walker's millions (well, buying Alan Shearer at least - funny how Blackburn went downhill after Shearer moved further oop North ;) ).

Originally posted by major decker

It aint David O Leary's fault...he wanted players...was given the money..he spent it...

Actually, I think it was O'Learys fault. He had loadsa cash to splash, so he can't complain about the quality of his hand-picked team of undisciplined thugs, can he?

Why would O'leary wish to complain about any of that? I think he made much money out of it myself with all the revelations in his book.