A camera with good video quality?

Hi

I currently have a panasonic lumix DMC fx40 and its AWFUL!!! if the lighting is spot on it will take ok photos, but in a slightly darkened room its crap!!! if i turn the light on in the living room it makes a blonde baby look ginger!! i have not bought white balance lights which help solve this but its a pain in the butt. I cant afford a good slr BUT i know people who have found good cameras without having to be a slr price!

Video is important as well and mine produces totally grainy movies!!!! awful quality! my friend said she had a canon 5000 (although i cant find this on the net) and hers in video mode if you hoover the camera in one place will focus automatically and automatically change its setting and her videos are ssoooo clear, hers isnt an slr so i know its possible but need to know what to buy

ive read reviews and they may as well be in foreign!

im hoping someone can tell me which to buy!

thanks

Have you considered getting a bridge camera?

I use the very nice Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28. This beauty will get you some cracking shots and it comes with a host of useful features such as HD video recording, intelligent autofocus (choice of 4) and image stabilization.

There is a very nice video review of it Here.

I would have thought you could pick one of these up quite cheap these days.

Have you considered getting a bridge camera?

I use the very nice Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28. This beauty will get you some cracking shots and it comes with a host of useful features such as HD video recording, intelligent autofocus (choice of 4) and image stabilization.

There is a very nice video review of it Here.

I would have thought you could pick one of these up quite cheap these days.

The lumix i have has hd video and like i said its awful quality.

Maybe so but the bridge camera is in a different league altogether. Just watch the video review and you can see the quality of the HD video. Admittedly, it is only 720p but 720p is a lot better than most cameras.

I have the Lumix FZ28 too, and it's fantastic.

Not all Lumix are the same, it's like saying all Ford cars are the same - they're not, it depends which model you have as to the performance you'll get.

Read it and see.

Im wondering if i might be more worth while getting a camcorder.

Olympus SZ-30MR new product available in April / May I believe,

For good quality video you need plenty of light, there are very few cameras that can take good quality video in low light.

As for the ginger baby, cameras will usually have a white-balance setting, usually abbreviated to WB. Try different settings until the colours look right.

The panasonic tz7 or tz8 have very good video recording in hd720. Not sure if the tz8 does 1080p now. With the huge optical zoom of these cameras, they make very effective camcorders

Paul