BBC: Traffic Cops

Just wondering if anyone watched the documentary on south yorkshire's traffic dept. tonight.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the issues raised...

Originally posted by Shelley1650

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the issues raised...

I watched it. What issues do you mean exactly? That there are a lot of brainless idiots in South Yorkshire?

yep, just general issues about car crime etc on the roads of South Yorkshire.

Also, the fact that on last weeks episode it said something along the lines of '35 uninsured cars are recovered every day in South Yorkshire' and 'in the housing estates 1 in three cars will have no tax or insurance' - this suprised me very much. Can this really be true?

What does 'in the housing estates' mean exactly? Are they saying the council estates?

I think they implied that, but didn't say it directly as 'council estates', All they said were 'housing estates' I think. The Manor estate seemed to be one of the focus points of that episode, but that would only be a snapshot of this issue as it was a half an hour episode.

Sorry for the confusion.

Originally posted by rinty

What does 'in the housing estates' mean exactly? Are they saying the council estates?

I assume housing estates means those estates which used to be council estates but can no longer be called that as a proportion are owner occupied.

Does that sound a bit pretentious?

This programme shows Sheffield & South Yorkshire as the car crime capital of the universe.

Is Sheffield really that much worse that the rest of the country?

Its getting rather boring now when ever a TV programme mentions crime,"everyone " assumes the Manor to be the worst area,when in fact it is an area of re-growth with private housing being built, and very few council properties left,which is more than can be said for Wybourn,Shiregreen,Woodthorpe,Gleadless I dont think I need to carry on mentioning worse area's than the manor, what we have to put up with is Yobs coming in from other area's to cause trouble because their so well known in their own.

So it would be greatly appreciated if people tried to stop labeling

area's and realised its a National problem,and not confined to certain districts. :nono::thumbsup:

Originally posted by Shelley1650

yep, just general issues about car crime etc on the roads of South Yorkshire.

Also, the fact that on last weeks episode it said something along the lines of '35 uninsured cars are recovered every day in South Yorkshire' and 'in the housing estates 1 in three cars will have no tax or insurance' - this suprised me very much. Can this really be true?

Well my step-dad does car repair and such - I can confirm a lot of his cars have neither tax nor insurance dedicated to the veichle but has a 'blanket' insurance type thing IIRC and all cars are on private land.

I'm not sure if this would tip the scales as it were but...

HTH HAND

DS

Good show that just makes South Yorkshire look bad.

To be honest though, wherever Traffic Cops is set (some of the previous series was in London), it makes that area look bad because thats what we want to see. We want to see people from Barnsley driving around 'rattling', we want to see a kid from Rotherham who was obviously so thick (as was his mum) that it wasn't funny. We want to see people trying to walk back to Doncaster up the Parkway cos they missed there train, and we want to see the regular numpties off the Manor Park deciding they like the look of your car thus culminating in a life or death chase across town.

If it was just the bill dishing out speeding tickets we'd get a little bored!!!

Just watched one of the new series, based in Cheshire. Boy do I think South Yorkshire Police are a professional outfit now! :clap:

The Cheshire police just ask for their jobs to be made harder, by entering into unnecesary tit for tat verbal exchanges.

And as for the 'Double white line' thing..... I thought that meant 'no overtaking' not 'stay in your own half' :suspect::confused:

Saxon??? :(:help: