Korean BBQ on London Road

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I'd been too. It's pretty filthy, and as far as I can tell they don't sell Korean food. In addition, there was an old Chinese woman staring me out throughout the whole meal. The Chinese food that I did have was pretty rancid. Not recommended.

Just in case anyone is interested . . .

The best Korean food that is close to Sheffield is in Manchester. They have a restaurant fairly central called 'Koreana' and one just outside the centre which is smaller but much nicer and cheaper called 'Seoul Kimchi'.

Went to visit a friend in Busan last year, loved the food, although I had enough kimchi to last a lifetime, so wont been seeking that out again soon.

I loved Galbi (sp?) BBQ places so will hopefully be giving this a go in Sheffield soon. The price is always as issue over here, in Korea, we had a 3 hour banquet, duck, pork, roast garlic and leaves to eat from with enough beer and soju to knock me over, all for £50 (between the 3 of us).

I would bet the same meal in any Korean place here would set you back atleast double, if not much much more!

The place on lond road is Yuen Shan, it is not korean but they were doing Korean style BBQ. Again another China Chinese Restaurant.

They have now under new mangement as the company has been bought out.

Is Phat Kim Young Un on the menu?

No - in fact he has eaten all the menu :(

I've only just noticed this thread has grown. Thanks for all the comments, it looks like we won't be bothering :)

Just in case anyone is interested . . .

The best Korean food that is close to Sheffield is in Manchester. They have a restaurant fairly central called 'Koreana' and one just outside the centre which is smaller but much nicer and cheaper called 'Seoul Kimchi'.

Well said Liam - good recommendations too.

I know of the Korean restaurants you mention in Manchester and I didn't think for one minute that something similar was trading on London road under the title of "Korean Buffet".

This is becoming a bit of a catch-all phrase for some Eastern style buffet restaurants and is pretty meaningless as you have already made clear.

It's a shame that they no longer sell Korean food. I have seen quite a few shops that sell chinese ingredients but am yet to find one that sells korean ingredients. Does anyone know of any? Thanks