New footage released at Ian Tomlinson's inquest.

The TSG appear to be out of control, Harwood certainly was.

Say a member of the public pushes a TSG officer and they subsequently die. What would happen?

Instant arrest, instant court, case proven guilty and then new Government laws rushed through to further reduce the right to protest. By instant I mean as fast as the police and courts can operate at.

They can't bring that verdict in, can they? Though it was just "unlawful killing" but without naming names?

I think it depends on the judge's direction

They can't bring that verdict in, can they? Though it was just "unlawful killing" but without naming names?

no, you're right , it can't name an individual

I'm quite a large chap but I keep myself to myself. This can sometimes provoke people who have a tendency to bullying, they see passivity as a challenge.

Tomlinson refused to cower before the rampaging Harwood. Look at Tomlinson's demeanour, he's not aggressive at all, he almost ignores Harwood completely!

Harwood, being a nutjob who refused to wait in the van, saw this as a challenge. He was outraged at Tomlinson ignoring him and not being frightened off him, so harwood drew his baton and smashed Tomlinson on the leg.

Even this didn't provoke a reaction, which of course infuriated Harwood, as it would enrage all bullies.

So Harwood killed him.

I'm quite a large chap but I keep myself to myself. This can sometimes provoke people who have a tendency to bullying, they see passivity as a challenge.

Tomlinson refused to cower before the rampaging Harwood. Look at Tomlinson's demeanour, he's not aggressive at all, he almost ignores Harwood completely!

Harwood, being a nutjob who refused to wait in the van, saw this as a challenge. He was outraged at Tomlinson ignoring him and not being frightened off him, so harwood drew his baton and smashed Tomlinson on the leg.

Even this didn't provoke a reaction, which of course infuriated Harwood, as it would enrage all bullies.

So Harwood killed him.

that's basically it

So Harwood killed him.

Calm down.

Calm down.

I think you'll find he is calm, and calmly stating that which is obvious.

So Harwood killed him.

...so Harwood pushed him. He fell over - not a totally unusual result of being pushed, but neither was it a forgone conclusion. He subsequently died - very much an unexpected outcome of falling over. There would be clearly no expectation that pushing someone would result in their death.

Edited by Eater Sundae
typo

.. There would be clearly no expectation that pushing someone would result in their death.

Possibly.

Academic, since he did die as a result of Harwood's actions.

Possibly.

Academic, since he did die as a result of Harwood's actions.

Absolutely NOT academic. Your earlier post said "So Harwood killed him" - clearly implying he killed him because Tomlinson had "infuriated Harwood". Intent is very important. You implied Harwood had intended to kill.

Absolutely NOT academic. Your earlier post said "So Harwood killed him" - clearly implying he killed him because Tomlinson had "infuriated Harwood". Intent is very important. You implied Harwood had intended to kill.

I implied no such thing, I simply stated the facts, Harwood's actions led to a death.

MANSLAUGHTER= no intent.

I implied no such thing, I simply stated the facts, Harwood's actions led to a death.

MANSLAUGHTER= no intent.

Oh yes you did, you said that PC harwood killed Ian Tomlinson because he annoyed him.

Edited by Hots on