Recommend a local kitchen supplier?

Thanks very much to all those who've made suggestions - I wasn't expecting such a significant reponse on a Tuesday afternoon!

We're just trying to cobble together a 'wish list' for a kitchen. I have a sinking feeling that we're going to have expensive tastes :hihi:

One other cost saving is to source your own cooker etc. and white goods you'll get them much cheaper online.

Sheffield Kitchen outlet are giving upto a £1000 worth appliances with any kitchen at the min.

And yes all my units (from Sheffield Kitchen outlet) are ridged 18mm units, howdens also sent out a kitchen designer who measured wrong (missed a full unit off).

Sorry dont have the phone number to hand, But can really recommend apollo appliances on callywhite lane in dronfield.

Proffesional, and very competative.

good luck.

hi be happy to quote on your kitchen or joinery work , ta jeff

Arnold Laver at Halfway supplied our new kitchen and subsequently my parents - and believe me, my mother has VERY high standards and hasn't been able to complain about a single thing. Good service from planning through to implementation and after care and good value for money - and we looked at over 20 different places from Moben to B&Q to local companies and independents. Hassle free and payment of the balance not required until they're ready to deliver your stuff and start installation.

Unfortunately my friend's experience of Lavers was far from satisfactory

The heat bonded coating on the high gloss doors had bits underneath causing bumps, as did the replacements... the whole thing took 12 months from start to finish

Hi

I am currently in the middle of using Kitchen Creations on the bottom of London Road, we have put a deposit down with them after looking around for over 6 months for a place that we felt we could trust. We tried all the 'usual suspects' as you mention, but all felt as though they were ripping you off, or that you would simply be buying hassle!

Kitchen Creations service has been excellent so far, they actually listen to what you want and give you as much time with the designer as you need. There kitchens are all hand built in their own factory in the North East, so all is made to measure. Once agreed on design, there dedicated surveyor comes out to your home to double check the designers plans and original measurements (something that no where we looked at did). This is the stage we are at, with fitting due in May.

We opted to rip out our kitchen ourselves, and use our own electrician and plumber etc - but kitchen creation offer this too if required. We are booked with 'Nick' to fit the Kitchen, as one of the OP mentioned, he is meant to be top notch (I think you can even ask for a fiitter you want based on recommendations...i think they have a team of 4).

Over all its been great so far, and nice to know you are supporting a family run business who actually care...! Good luck on this very daunting task!

http://www.kitchencreation.co.uk/index.html

PS our designer was Troy, the manger there, who cant do enough to help.

Edited by SteveNeary
wanted to include link

call 07747026254 for a free quote (can get the best deals)

Andrew At OPUS YORKSHIRE LTD

sell direct to public, free design and measure, bespoke made to measure colour matched units at very competitive prices

Have a look on opuskitchens.co.uk