Recommend a local kitchen supplier?

We're looking at buying a house at the moment and to find somewhere in our budget, in the area we want, we're looking at properties that need some work.

It's most likely this would mean a kitchen in the first instance. I don't particularly want to use one of the usual suspects (Wickes, B & Q etc) for this as I'd like a more personal service. It'd also be better to support a local business.

We'd need some support on the design of the kitchen as we've never done this before - do smaller, local suppliers tend to offer this?

Any recommendations gladly received.

These are brilliant ;)

bramall lane 01142759415

hillsborough 01142341006

attercliffe 01142436539

http://www.howdens.com

free design and plan

with No obligation whatsoever

Lusso kitchens supply and/or fit as well as design kitchens. I like the flexibility and lack of hard sell, as well as the quality of the product (crown imperial) and attention to detail whilst fitting

These are brilliant ;)

bramall lane 01142759415

hillsborough 01142341006

attercliffe 01142436539

http://www.howdens.com

free design and plan

with No obligation whatsoever

We used Howdens and been VERY happy with our kitchen. Planner came and asked which kitchens we liked the best, talked the pros and the cons of each design. They then designed a few options for us and went from there.

Found the quality to be better than some of the more expensive kitchen places (looked at Moben and found them to be tacky, cheap feeling and way over priced)

The down side to Howdens is that you need a builder to place the order.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll check them out.

I had heard good things about Howdens but also knew that the order would need to come from a tradesperson.

Lusso's look interesting though so thanks for that Strix :)

I had heard good things about Howdens but also knew that the order would need to come from a tradesperson.

PJ from jarvis and jarvis used to work for howdens but now purely fits kitchens , he has an account , but more importantly is very honest so you know he'll pass on his discount to his customer. I've recomended him to most of my family / relatives , they've all been very happy with his work.

If you want to try him his number is 07939518105

Before anyone starts saying i'm him or work for him , or getting a cut , rest assured I'm not , I just hate getting ripped off , and being self employed myself I come accross many people who have.

Ok you've got to make a living but too many people these days are far too greedy.

I would highly recommend Kitchen Creation at the bottom of london road.

We had our kitchen designed and fitted by them.

From the first time the designer(Richard) came to view our kitchen area to the fitter (Nick) leaving after completion everything has been perfect. My husband is borderline OCD i'm sure and very hard to please but Richard and Nick were very patient with him and nothing was too much trouble.

We are so so happy and proud of our kitchen and we get so many compliments about it.

You hear so many nightmare stories of kitchens been fitted and we are so pleased ours went so smoothly and perfectly and looks amazing, We wouldn't recommend them otherwise.

I'd have to agree there too I've never heard any complaints about them always had good reviews

We purchased ours from Kitchen Outlet just off Carlise Street, nealy half the price what Howdens were quoting, quality still the same.

I supply and fit from Howdens and Wrens although i personally prefer Howdens. They are both good quality rigid units as opposed to flat pack units from most of the DIY stores.

I really can't see Kitchen outlet being half the price of Howdens....but i do know that they are quality rigid units.

If you decide to go with Howdens for example, in my experience you will get a better quality kitchen and a cheaper price than most DIY stores.

Thanks very much to all those who've made suggestions - I wasn't expecting such a significant reponse on a Tuesday afternoon!

We're just trying to cobble together a 'wish list' for a kitchen. I have a sinking feeling that we're going to have expensive tastes :hihi:

I have expensive tastes too, but Lusso were happy to install all my ebay bargains :thumbsup: