FREE 'Swishing' clothes swap at Meadowhall on Wednesday (30/3/2011)

Oh so in that case, I can take a top I have worn, and trade it for a ticket, which I then use to buy a brand new dress?

In theory yes! But obviously it depends what other people have brought down to swap, whether they are new or old items, whether there is something new in your size or the style you want etc... There isn't any 'buying' involved, it's all just swapping! It's all going to be merchandised by the event organisers though so everything will be displayed on hangers and rails etc.

Is this just womens clothing ?

Only 15 items!! I have loads I need rid of!! My wardrobe is bursting at the seams!!

me too foxwater, i'm thinking load the car up and do 15 at a time he he he!

The majority of clothes and accessories that are available to swap will be pre-owned but the 'hidden gems' refers to new items but, these will be factory seconds or shop-returned items that have been deemed faulty merchandise.

Be prepared to overlook a minor flaw, fault, stain, missing button, etc and expect the possibility of having items rejected a swap ticket. There are usually strict rules regarding the physical condition and quality of items accepted for a swap.

Personal details are usually taken at the outset of the swish to eliminate used clothing traders taking advantage of the large numbers of stock. This also prevents others from trading more than fifteen items at one event.

Be prepared to commit a SERIOUS amount of time trawling through clothes and accessories. It can also get a little mental, so if you are suffering from PMS, my advice? Avoid like the plague.

If you're new to swishing, here's a PDF download explaining it all.

http://www.meadowhall.co.uk/Vicinitee.Assets/Documents/How%20to%20Swish.pdf

Good luck.. :)

What an excellent idea.

I've got clothes, labels still attached, that I'm probably never going to wear, but I'm too idle to put on E-bay!

Well it looks like it's going to be a great event and both the Star and Telegraph have put notices in about it this week so I bet loads of people will go down. It is just women's clothing and accessories but all the more for us!!

See you down there!!

would have loved to have gone but working. Will there be another event.x

MissChatter it's on until 9pm tonight, is that any help? No other events of this kind planned so far but you never know - there may well be if it's a success!

For once my day off coincides with something decent! There with bells on.