People wanting laptop posting to west africa !!

ive put my laptop for sale on gumtree and got three emails quite quickly after from three different people asking if they can pay by paypal or bank transfer if i post the item for them,2 of them wanted me to send it to west africa and all of them offering alot more than what i put it up for sale for,anyone know what this is about,sounds abit too good to be true???? :)

They'll send you a cheque for more than the offer,ask you to send back the difference with the laptop..the cheque will bounce and hey presto you've lost your money and your laptop..or something along those lines.

you know the saying, "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is".

they say they pay you when africa gets the laptop, you agree because they oofferd so much, they cretate make paypal link they get laptop you never hear from them again

think thats how it works

Yep - my nephew sold a camera and was harrassed endlessly by a man who wanted it posting "to his son" in Nigeria. So annoying!

Scam em back. Get the money but send them a box with bricks in!

They ask for the bank details then a direct debit.

A quick google will find you a few of their tricks.

They are totally legitimate business men who just need the goods delivered to Africa. I don't see the problem?

Never sell anything to anyone online wanting it sent to Africa. I would guess maybe 1 in 1000000 is a genuine buyer the rest will leave you without your item or money, and if they can get away with it they will get more money from you too.