Bus drivers- miserable people

i have just read through these post and i think what a load of rubbish ,what cretings and wind up merchants you are, im glad im now retired because most of you make me sick

Well go and find a corner and die quietly then.

Nothing gets my goat more than ignorant people yapping on their phones whist obtaining a ticket. If I was a driver Id not issue the ticket till they stopped talking! Its a human being behind the wheel, not an automaton.

I like bus drivers.

Driver wants to be on the bus as much as you want to be on it going to work, nothing wrong with saying "Good morning" and "Cheers" to him or her when you get on or hop off, they might just give you the correct change or let you off a few pence just for being friendly. Try being polite instead of whinging over something so trivial.

Edited by Noob

Noob, agreed. Once got on a bus at 3 mins to Nine, using my bus pass. The driver explained that the ticket bears the time of issue, and if an inspector saw it, (they do exist), he could lose his job. All in all, bus drivers do a good job, the stress would probably kill me.

I appreciate bus drivers have an at times unpleasant job but its no excuse to be constantly foul and rude towards their passengers. If thats the only authority you can hold is being awkward about 50p, then more is the pity for you.

Bus drivers do not have any right to refuse payment as they are merely working for a company. The question is, "What is the official policy from the bus company?". I am sure the shareholders would not be happy to learn that drivers are refusing payment because it is difficult for them to handle coins.

It is actually law that has never been changed to tender the correct fare for your travel and rules are in place about how much you can tender in certain denominations in a transaction.

If shareholders were so bothered about this they would try and protect and help the work force by installing coin vaults on buses so the drivers dont have to carry the days takings around with them all day.

When i worked for Yorkshire Terrier a few years back a 12 hour shift you could take upto £400 and you would be in town so you would have to carry that around with you, £400 might not sound alot but when it is made up of small change it can weigh alot.

Shareholders would also if they cared, issue drivers with a float to issue change to customers, but they wont as they dont care, as long as the money comes in.

Used to drive a bus, total pain in the neck, sympathies to the drivers.

Drive a coach now, passengers are less miserable as usually they are going on a jolly, but the pay is miserable.

Can't seem to win.

Still, better than working for a living.

I appreciate bus drivers have an at times unpleasant job but its no excuse to be constantly foul and rude towards their passengers. If thats the only authority you can hold is being awkward about 50p, then more is the pity for you.

What is awkward about a 50p fare, from the age of 11 you are only entitled to a 50p fare if you have a south yorkshire mega travel pass - to prove your age and residency in south yorkshire. If you want the 50p fare you carry the pass, simples :):)