Tempered springs ltd warren ST

Hello Brian ,I have found some info about Arni your best man. It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that Arni passed away 2 years ago, his son informs me. Sorry for the bad news.

i Sparky thats not the news I wanted to here how old was he when he died Idont know I think we are all on borrowed time when I started thi I dont think I realized how old some of these guys are now anyway I AM 73 now and think Iam luky I still play golf 4 times a week and I walk the course so I AM doing good so iff there is anybody still around to give me a blog on here ok Iam on skype so anybody is on there give me acall I Hope me and you will keep writing to each other so talk to you soon eh may be you should come over here for a holiday take care brian

Think my mum Erica Lingard worked there as a buffer

Hi Sparky how are you doing anyway i want to wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy new year Brian

Saw the details about the fire in Foley and wondered if it was the old Tempered Spring site. Then found this thread. I worked for TSCo from 1975 to 1985. I have recollection of some of the names memtioned but in particular Frances Johnson and Derek Gibson. had many games of darts with Derek at lunchtime worked in the office next to him for a few years.

22 department moved from Warren Street in the summer holidays of 1984 when they tried to develop an automatic valve spring production line. I was made redundant before it was fully operational so never found out if it worked properly. A good company when I joined but started to go down hill following the take over by AE. Be interesting to hear if anybody knows what happened to cause the demise.

Regards to anybody I knew, Peter Thorp

I worked at Warren St from 1964 as a trainee in 24 Dept remeber a lot of the blokes mentioned Fred Horsefield Terry Wild Bill Lill Alf Lill Sid Stokes Joe Pye

Mick Butler It was a great firm my fellow trainees D Hartley Mick Martin Keith

Grimshaw Personel debt was Pauline Cadman Joan Pye John Allen

we had a good football team buit round Terry Wild

Several of the old fitters still meet in The bankers draft on friday lunch

I no longer live in Sheffield have retired to Whatstandwell in derbshire

I worked at Warren St from 1964 as a trainee in 24 Dept remeber a lot of the blokes mentioned Fred Horsefield Terry Wild Bill Lill Alf Lill Sid Stokes Joe Pye

Hi Mick would love to hear of any memories of Joan Pye, good or bad, I do a bit of cleaning for her, she has fond memories of working there. She still gets out and about on her own, even though she will be 92 this year.

Hi Mickshep I remember all them guys and the one I Remember the most is Bill lill he he was the tool maker in 25 dept I Had abench in the corner he worked in for a time Iwas the fitter for 22 25 dept anyway are any of the guys still around it would be nice here from them if they are keep in touch Brian

Hi Mick would love to hear of any memories of Joan Pye, good or bad, I do a bit of cleaning for her, she has fond memories of working there. She still gets out and about on her own, even though she will be 92 this year.

Hi neil

I have many memoriies of my time as a trainee at tsco Joan was in charge of

personel and used to sort thinks out for us she was a very nice lady but it was a tough job because i was not the best behaved teenager

So happy she is well please give her my love

Regards

Mickshep

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 12:09 ----------

Hi Mickshep I remember all them guys and the one I Remember the most is Bill lill he he was the tool maker in 25 dept I Had abench in the corner he worked in for a time Iwas the fitter for 22 25 dept anyway are any of the guys still around it would be nice here from them if they are keep in touch Brian

Hi BRIAN

Terry Wild worked in the corner with Bill Lill i dont know about bill but Terry still

lives at Gleadless a couple of fitters Jim Copley and Lol Gibbs still live at Basegreen and play snooker every week at Gleadless Townend

Cheers

Mick

Hi neil

I have many memoriies of my time as a trainee at tsco Joan was in charge of

personel and used to sort thinks out for us she was a very nice lady but it was a tough job because i was not the best behaved teenager

So happy she is well please give her my love

Regards

Mickshep

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 12:09 ----------

Hi BRIAN

Terry Wild worked in the corner with Bill Lill i dont know about bill but Terry still

lives at Gleadless a couple of fitters Jim Copley and Lol Gibbs still live at Basegreen and play snooker every week at Gleadless Townend

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick Iremember jim copley but not L gibbs give them my regards iff you see them I Spent most of my working time in the 22 dept the two guys I remember before I came to Canada was my foreman Carl daras and my boss Doug Tovey keep in touch Brian

Hi Brian

Doug Tovey asst was Ray Crookes Alf Gex was foreman in 22 Dept also Terry Andrews who

worked on the shot peener also remeber Albert Law who was a fitter and i think another fitter was Ron Betts

Cheers

Mickshep

Hi Brian

Doug Tovey asst was Ray Crookes Alf Gex was foreman in 22 Dept also Terry Andrews who

worked on the shot peener also remeber Albert Law who was a fitter and i think another fitter was Ron Betts

Cheers

Mickshep

Hi Mick yes I remember all them guys Albert Law tok over my job in the 22 dept when I left my memory is not as good as it used to be are any of these guys still around is albert around if they are tell them to give me a call or a Email I Remember Alf jex could be pain in Ass with is demands somtimes another guy I remember that was in the 22 dept was Arnold Worrell he was the tool guy anyway keep in touch Brian