Tempered springs ltd warren ST

looking for guys who worked at tempered springs Isaw one posting with sombody Inew is name was T beard I Left there in 1974 to come to canada so iff anybody is still around give me a call I worked in the 22 dept on maintenance i was a Fitter ok Brian

My mum Sheila worked in the office

Penny, yes I did know Jone quite well, I worked in the same office area on the ground floor of Burton Weir works along with George Barnett, Aubrey Cowling, John Allen, John Gibb and the rest. A relation of mine Lynn Webber also worked for Joan. I got on very well with Miss Moncur who was in charge of personnel when I was in the works and often used me as a sounding board. When I left several people from the works followed me to my new company including Frank Ratlidge and Jim Pickersgill. I remained close friends with John Mccloud and Fred Gill, he died a short time ago aged 90. Joan will no doubt remember some of the tricks we used to get up to. Hope these names brings back happy memories, give her my best wishes. Regards John.

Edited by john p shaw
Shorten insert

Hi just found this thread, my dad Derek Gibson used to work at Tempered as a technical estimator... he is still around if anyone wants to say hi I can pass on some email details.

looking for guys who worked at tempered springs Isaw one posting with sombody Inew is name was T beard I Left there in 1974 to come to canada so iff anybody is still around give me a call I worked in the 22 dept on maintenance i was a Fitter ok Brian
hi my name is mark rowley aim currently the production manager at tempered springs,I had the pleasure of working with mick butler who unfortunately died about 5 years ago from cancer.I also worked with Fred horsefield he retired while I was there he finished his time has the store man on effingham street.my wifes auntie worked there also dolly staniland,has did my dad mick machin.Steve hardy is still there he works in my dept

hi I remember Fred Horsfield I Dont remember you onr name that I do remember is guy called charlie jexs he was a forman in the 22 dept and a guy called Arnald Worrel anyway I think I spelled the names wrong sorry Brian

I remember mr.Kay the gate man when he retired the company gave him a brand new chevette

Hi Brian, I remember a chap called Alfie Jex ,he was a supervisor in 22 dept.As for Arnold Worrall,I married his daughter,Anne.Arnold used to work in 22 dept then finished up being the safety officer.of T.S.co.

Hi Brian, I remember a chap called Alfie Jex ,he was a supervisor in 22 dept.As for Arnold Worrall,I married his daughter,Anne.Arnold used to work in 22 dept then finished up being the safety officer.of T.S.co.

Hi sparky thats him Alfie I got the first name wrong he could be a pain in the A Somtimes and arnold was he the tool guy I cant remember anyway it is nice to here from you any news on Arni yet take care Brian

Hi Brian , yes he was the tool guy,. Sorry no news at all about Arnie Whithers.

Does anyone remember John Bowden? He worked in tool room but left in 69 after losing his leg in a bike accident.

Hello Brian ,I have found some info about Arni your best man. It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that Arni passed away 2 years ago, his son informs me. Sorry for the bad news.

Does anyone remember Alf Lill (not sure of spelling)? I think he was the boiler man.