Tempered springs ltd warren ST

My dad worked there for years. His name was Fred Horsfield. Sadly now passed away.

My dad worked there for years. His name was Fred Horsfield. Sadly now passed away.

Hi what did he do there what department did he work in sorry for your loss we are all getting older lncluding me

Hi what did he do there what department did he work in sorry for your loss we are all getting older lncluding me

I'm not sure what department. I can ask my mum. He was a supervisor for a long time on the factory floor I think. He worked at both sites(I'm thinking that they moved the premises at some point, I was too young to get the full gist of it). He was there at least 25yrs or more.

I still remember the day he came out of work & noticed the cover of the rear indicator of his car had come off. I was dark & feeling a bit miffed, got in the car, started it up, &, reversed over the cover crushing it! He was really ****** off that tea-time!:roll:

Hampson, have another look on Google Earth and zoom in on the sign. You'll get the picture.

Jim

Hi jim I went on google earth and zoomed in very hard to read but Ithink it is a body parlour right the writing on the building is bad hard to read

Hello Brian, did you know my father-in-law, Owen Thorpe, he was a fitter and worked there for many years?

Hi Hampson, i work there at the moment, i've been there approx 5 years and have seen quite a lot of changes. whats left of it is on effingham street. :)

Hello Brian, did you know my father-in-law, Owen Thorpe, he was a fitter and worked there for many years?

Hi I did know somebody called owen but you know it was 1974 when I left there to come to Canada anyway ask him iff he new Tommy Beard and the boss then was a guy named last name was Tovey was he there in 60s and 70s and did he work at warren ST or Effingam ST keep in touch I do have a photo of all the guys when I left

Can anyone remember a lady called Joan Pye. Worked in the office in 60s and 70s.

Hi I did know somebody called owen but you know it was 1974 when I left there to come to Canada anyway ask him iff he new Tommy Beard and the boss then was a guy named last name was Tovey was he there in 60s and 70s and did he work at warren ST or Effingam ST keep in touch I do have a photo of all the guys when I left

I mentioned you to Owen, who is now 85, he remembered you and the fact that you went to Canada, he say's he also remembers the names you quote.

How old are you now? I think you worked in a different fitter's shop to him.

Can you attach the photograph to this thread?