Tempered springs ltd warren ST

I mentioned you to Owen, who is now 85, he remembered you and the fact that you went to Canada, he say's he also remembers the names you quote.

How old are you now? I think you worked in a different fitter's shop to him.

Can you attach the photograph to this thread?

Hi you asked how old I am I am 71 yes we are all over the hill anyway I worked at Warren ST in the 22 and 25 departments on repairs to coiling machines and sometimes at Burton weir on the compressors also did he know Bob snazell he lives at Dronfield I came to Sheffield last year to visit I DID not recognize the place at all I stayed with a sister in law I did visit with Bob at a pub what I would like to know is when they tore down warren st factory I have been on google earth and all that is there is the place that was once a pub and is now amassage suites I dont know iff I can send photos on this forum iff not you can send me your Email address I have got some photos and I am going to get them redone Brian

My step father worked at Tempered Spring after he retired from the Police force. His name was Alexander Reid, or Sandy, does anyone remember him.

Hi Brian, I also worked at Tempered Springs in 1973, do you remember these men:

Fitters - Brian Hampson, Frank Cundy, Bernard Constantine, Albert Law, Jim Copley, Owen Thorpe, Norman Turton?

Sparky's - Henry Lynne, Cyril Smith, Mick Gillvary, Steve Hardy, Wilf Evans, Les Jackson?

Hi Brian, I also worked at Tempered Springs in 1973, do you remember these men:

Fitters - Brian Hampson, Frank Cundy, Bernard Constantine, Albert Law, Jim Copley, Owen Thorpe, Norman Turton?

Sparky's - Henry Lynne, Cyril Smith, Mick Gillvary, Steve Hardy, Wilf Evans, Les Jackson?

Hi I am the first guy on your list I Know all the guys on your list is any of them still around it would be nice to talk to them iff they are remember I left there in 1974 to come to Canada I came back last year to visit did not recognize the city at all but I will say one thing it looks a lot cleaner now When did they take the Warren st down and spring making ended there I would like know if posible oh did you know a guy called ted phoenix he was a fitter there as well and know he is still around did not get is address iff you like you can send me your address i am also on Skipe Lets stay in touch ok I know it as been a long time but and old saying better late tha never Brian

Hi Brian, here are some more names you may remember, Jack Caufield, Eric Thackery, Gilbert, Pete Stringer, Tinny Joe, Tony Proctor, Percy Langton, Brian Widdowson, Alfie Lill, Loll Gibbs, Johnny Jubb, ;Supervisors, Mick Wilkinson, Eric Loukes, Mark Goodwin, Bill O Gramm, Johnny Walker, Nancy Gillott, Fred Ibbotson, Sid Stokes, Carl Diarrass, Ron Betts, Vick Thomas, Ken Pitts. I did know the name Ted Phoenix but I cant put a face to him.

HI Sparky yes I know all of them is any of them alive now some of them guys I have good memories of tinny joe hell I remember like it was yesterday Carl Diarrass was my foreman at Burton weir my other boss was a guy called can only remember is last name it was Tovey wel l I have some photos that was took when I left tempered springs I AM going to get them redone and I will try and post them on here Brian

Hi Hampson, i work there at the moment, i've been there approx 5 years and have seen quite a lot of changes. whats left of it is on effingham street. :)

you must know my hubby then ,worked there since he left school. 46 yrs ago

you must know my hubby then ,worked there since he left school. 46 yrs ago

Hi what was your hubbys name I may know him I still would like to know when the Warren st plant closed down it seems like that industry in Sheffield is dispearing fast Brian

Hi Brian, Warren St closed down about 1983. 84. 85. ish. then we all moved to Effingham St.Tovey,s first name is or was Doug. The men who have gone forwards are as I know are ; Wilf Evans, Albert Law, Gilbert, Eric Loukes and Bernard Constentine. R.I.P. lads. p/s. Hello to harrison 595 see you at work. Hello thai, I probably know your husband I have worked at Tempered for 38 years.

Remember Gerrard Young ? About seven feet tall with a bald head and the Nuns - Little Sisters of the Poor as I recall being allowed on the shop floor.

Hi Brian, Warren St closed down about 1983. 84. 85. ish. then we all moved to Effingham St.Tovey,s first name is or was Doug. The men who have gone forwards are as I know are ; Wilf Evans, Albert Law, Gilbert, Eric Loukes and Bernard Constentine. R.I.P. lads. p/s. Hello to harrison 595 see you at work. Hello thai, I probably know your husband I have worked at Tempered for 38 years.

Hi sparky thanks for the info so when you moved they was no more spring making division left sorry to here about them guys passing on but you know we are all getting older including me you have been there a long time eh is there any of the guys i may have know stil there is it posible Well I do have a photo of the most of the guys in maintenance and I am going to try and get it cleaned up its ok but I Think somebody in a photography can make it better then I will try to put it on here anyway I want to thank you for helping me put some history together I should have done this a long time but was busy doing other things so a big thanks to you its coming together Brian

my aunty was frances johnson who worked in the laboratory for many many years - anyone remember her - she was a wonderful lady

I remember Frances, I worked next door to her in the maintenance department at Tempered Tools.