Tempered springs ltd warren ST

Worked in tempered fools what a shxx hole that was ,know most of the people

You have listed, think times have changed now tools not doing as well ,also worked in old 45 dep and old park springs when it was at top off yard down the ramp better people to work with

Hi all,

I was a young engineer and worked at tsco 1977/83. I remember George Barnett,Tommy Beard, Mike Lamb/ Lumb, Enest Scholey. Tom ?(quality manager) Eric and David the drawing office staff.

I was the project engineer in charge of machinery design, drawing office and the fitters shop.

I distinctly remember the upsetting machines, the anti roll bar machines, automobile valve spring line etc etc.

It's all gone now along with half of Sheffield

I am now retired and living in the Midlands.

Hi I new some of them guys I new Tommy beard very well he worked in the Machine shop do you know if he is still around let me know if he is Brian

I worked at Tempered Springs. James Scholey. My Grandad did too, Ernest Scholey.

i worked with ernest for many years when he was manager in 45 dept we used to

have lunch every day in the staff canteen with George Moss and Ray Crookes he would talk about golf and also his 2 sons one who was a teatcher and one who worked in Saudi i remember him going to Saudi where he bought a car i worked in 41dept with him up to his retirement Iwas quite a bit younger than him and he helped me a lot Iwent to his home at stannington a couple of times when he came back from saudi he always bought my kids something back Good Times

Mickshep

looking for guys who worked at tempered springs Isaw one posting with sombody Inew is name was T beard I Left there in 1974 to come to canada so iff anybody is still around give me a call I worked in the 22 dept on maintenance i was a Fitter ok Brian

I knew Tommy Beard prior to 1964. At that time he worked at Effingham Street in the Fitters. I moved to Canada in 1965-1966. I was a Fitter and spent some time in 22 Department at Warren Street, my name is John Ridley.

Hi John yes I remem ber Tommy Beard I worked with him once I also new his son who worked in the machine shop he was a friend of mine his he still around do you know talk to you soon Brian

Hi John P Shaw. Do you by any chance remember Joan Pye. She doesnt own a computer herself. But I am doing print outs for her about this thread. It is bringing back very fond memories for her. So any memories you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Penny.

I first met Mrs Pye when I was 15years of age. She was instrumental in hiring me. When I completed my Army service at 21 years she welcomed me back. A very impressive lady. My name is John Ridley.

Hi John Ridley yes I remember J Pye she did my paper work when I left for Canada in 1974 Brian

Does anybody remember Harry Bartholomew, spring maker of longstanding at Tempered Spring? He was a keen player of football and cricket in younger days and, in so far as the working life allowed, followed England wherever they played in the country and Yorkshire, especially in the days when cricket was played at Bramhall Lane.

I turned up a photo today of him in a winning team (wearing vertically striped shirts and hooped socks). It looks to have been taken on a damp day on a flat roof (pitched roofs in the background), "suits" flanking the team on each side - white handkerchief in the breast pocket of one. Another photo taken in the same place on the same day, it would seem, includes the team amongst a bigger squad with more "suits" flanking it. The goalkeeper, standing tall above everybody else, would have been a useful man to have on your side.

thank you peter for the photos they were great I remember that yard so well I worked in the 22 dept there on maintenance I was a fitter there I left in 1974 to come to Canada it is a shame what happened to the company anyway thank you again Brian