How to evict a tenant

yes going to look into that, but they told me the housing dont pay the money directly??

which i think is bull!! which form do i need to do this and whats the procedure?

thanks

The housing dont pay it to you directly as they give it to the tenants to encourage them to be responsible tenants and to pay you.

I recommend you go on a free course at Sheffield Hallam, Landlords for Excellence course, its a 12 week course and you learn all the processes of being a responsible landlord, other landlords go and you have visitors from the housing profession each week. I did it through work. Its really useful and theres info on evicitons, rent etc

well i get housng benefit an mine gets paid direct to my landlord?? i was asked if i wanted it payin to me, or direct to my landlord, an i chosen for them to pay it strait to my landlord as it was less hassle for me. i also gave my landlord permission to speak with housin benefit so if i have a problem with it, they can ring up an find out the problem. so everyone whos sayin it cant paid direct to you shabba is wrong as mine is paid direct to my landlord. but to evict someone you have to go through court, you have to seek possesion i think its called but has to go though courts and can take upto a year to sort out.

cheese 69... what a name...lol

if only all tenants was as good as you mate, the housing told me themselves the tenants have to be 8 weeks in arrears to have the dss paid directly, so im just going on what i have been told...

Edited by shabba

I used to get housing benefit, and the housing told me that i couldn't get it paid directly to my Landlord because there trying to get people to manage their own money now and unless you have a drug, drink or gambling problem you can't do it. Plus i used to get paid by cheque on a wednesday every 2 weeks and the last cheque of the month took 3 days to clear so my rent used to be a few days late but my landlord understood! Hope you sort it out :) xxx

cant have the HB paid directly to me until they are 2 months in arrears!!! so guess the thieving ***** have spent that money!!!

im going to write to the housing now and get it paid directly!!

In an ideal world we wouldn't have housing benefit.

And they wouldn't be able to pay you a penny.

You seem really upset about not being able to claim housing benefit on behalf of others.

Are you part of the benefit class?

cant have the HB paid directly to me until they are 2 months in arrears!!! so guess the thieving ***** have spent that money!!!

im going to write to the housing now and get it paid directly!!

you will also find that if they are incapable of managing their own finances, THEY can request it is paid direct - have you spoken to them about it? You can also write to the job centre to ask that an amount of £3.40 per week is taken from their benefit entitlement (provided its a passported benefit) once they are over 8 weeks in arrears. Once you have written in and prove that the tenants are 8 weeks plus in arrears, HB should suspend their claim, investigate and redirect to you. Remember to include a rent statement.

In an ideal world we wouldn't have housing benefit.

And they wouldn't be able to pay you a penny.

You seem really upset about not being able to claim housing benefit on behalf of others.

Are you part of the benefit class?

WOT R U ON???? i aint claming the benefit for no one, im the landlord, my tenants are ripping me off with the DSS, u get it now????

I aint part of the benefit class!!

chem1st hahahahaha you fool lol well as to what babychel put about only do it you av drink/drug or gamblin addiction, i dont av any of those but my housin benifit gets paid strait to my landlord as i requested it to be. an shabba its a nickname since i was about 12 an i still love it lol

kaymarie, yes i have requested it to be paid directly to me which they agreed and filled the form out with my bank details, but when i phoned the council they said we cant do this until they are 8 weeks in arrears, which is a joke, so im basically going to lose 2 months rent!!! HB is a joke! The council arent bothered what they do with the money even if it is fraud which it clearly is as there is no way the council has not paid them!

shabba clear your message box m8 tried to send you a message