One for the Blades fan's (Tony Currie)

Tonys here tonys there tonys every ******* where Na na na na .....

As a Blade of many years, i have been in the company of TC, on several occasions. A genuine nice bloke, but very very shy, that shyness seems to have been misunderstood by some posters on here. Arrogant !!! never.

Nice bloke and a footballing genius.

Blade for 48 year btw ;)

Great player, but i think footballing genius is pushing it a little! :huh:

Great player, but i think footballing genius is pushing it a little! :huh:

Not to me !.:|

Not to me !.:|

Not to me either he was never the white pele, pele was the black tony currie ;)

As a Blade of many years, i have been in the company of TC, on several occasions. A genuine nice bloke, but very very shy, that shyness seems to have been misunderstood by some posters on here. Arrogant !!! never.

Nice bloke and a footballing genius.

Blade for 48 year btw ;)

I have heard it all now ..Poor Tony such a SHY lad :hihi:

Footballing genius !! Behave yourself .Tony Currie was a decent player in an ordinary team..

Mr Di Canio was a footballing genius when the Owls were a decent team :D

Footballing genius !! Behave yourself .Tony Currie was a decent player in an ordinary team..

I have read your previous posts and you are beyond help lol:hihi:

Amongst your contant digs at United, i cant find one post of yours re a visit or match report on your team!!

I rated Tony Currie, you slaged him off as arrogent !! we disagree:|

I have read your previous posts and you are beyond help lol:hihi:

Amongst your contant digs at United, i cant find one post of yours re a visit or match report on your team!!

I rated Tony Currie, you slaged him off as arrogent !! we disagree:|

I think most Blades see Tony Currie through rose tinted glasses..

Decent footballer ? Yes.

Arrogant ? Yes

Genius ? Behave

Keith Edwards on the other hand..

Very Good Footballer ? Yes

Arrogant ? No top Geezer [thats comin from an Owl]

Genius ? Goal scorer for sure..

Tony Currie could not lace Keith Edwards boots in my humble opinion :D

Di Canio a football genius they say there is littlle difference in a mad man and a genius that certainly applied to him.

Tony Currie was the best player to play for either side in the last 50 years even many Wednesdayites have said so.

And you know this because what ? Did you see him play week after week like i did ? NO you didn't ...He was the 2nd best player ever to put on a Blades shirt because like someone else said and my old man said Jimmy Hagan was the greatest Blade ever....Never saw Hagan so it was TC for me as the greatest Blade ever...Decent player in an ordinary team, that 1970-71 team had loads of decent players who jelled together and won us promotion and a team still talked about to this day.

Currie was a footballing genius and could spray a ball 40-50 yards and put it on a blokes toe and score some brilliant goals as well..... Currie would be on anyones team list long before DiCanio would mate and as for him being arrogant, He wasn't too arrogant when my uncles funeral passed BDTBL and TC came out and placed a red and a white flower on the coffin , unless you mistake arrogance for shyness and class.

Tony Currie ....Not ashamed to say he is still my footballing idol to this day and can honestly say no one has come near to replacing him in 50 years

From what ive seen of Currie he was a good division 2 player, the season your talking about him being great he played in a United Team that finished runners up in the 2nd tier of English football winning only 50% of there 42 games. He wasn't even pitting his wits in the top tier.

Di Canio was a exceptional player with very much skill and swagger and look very good in the top division of English Football playing against and making some of the best defenders in the World look stupid.

Both these players had arrogance on the field and one had it off the field too and it wasn't the foriegner.

From what ive seen of Currie he was a good division 2 player, the season your talking about him being great he played in a United Team that finished runners up in the 2nd tier of English football winning only 50% of there 42 games. He wasn't even pitting his wits in the top tier.

Di Canio was a exceptional player with very much skill and swagger and look very good in the top division of English Football playing against and making some of the best defenders in the World look stupid.

Both these players had arrogance on the field and one had it off the field too and it wasn't the foriegner.

Did i just read it right on Wikipedia that DiCanio only played 41 matches for the owls ?

Seems he was pitting his wits in the top tier but not for you lot....Tell you what mate I would rather have TC blowing kisses to the crowd than the foriegner and his salutes if you know what i mean