One for the Blades fan's (Tony Currie)

Thanks for that Corks, by coincidence I was searching for old photo's of Bramall Lane on the internet last night and I came across this one which I'd not seen before. Tony Currie - A Quality Goal from a Quality Player - 1975

Good pic pal, proper old school times lol.

a quality goal from a quality player

Great to see the old master Top Cat is what we used to call T C ,best player ever at the lane.

Great to see the old master Top Cat is what we used to call T C ,best player ever at the lane.

In Sheffield in my opinion.

Respect your opinion , but best sheffield player. GOT TO BE THE WADDLER

My grandad always said Jimmy Hagan was the best player to play for United or Wednesday, he rated Tony Currie highly but said he sometimes drifted in games if the pitches got too heavy and he was up against the likes of Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith or Ron Harris. It'll be interesting to hear what some of the older Blades think about this.

From looking at some of the footage of Currie he looked like he had the traits of a George Best type.

Obviously because of age i can only go so far back on what ive witnessed, but in my honest opinion Paulo Di Canio was a "world class" player for me.

If he had a better tempremant that guy could have played for the "bigger" teams in Europe without a doubt, for me the best player who has ever graced Hillsborough when it comes to pure football talent, the best overall is Chrissy Waddle though, he had everthing apart from a defensive brain lol, he played in slow motion almost, thats when you know your self your quality.

From looking at some of the footage of Currie he looked like he had the traits of a George Best type.

Obviously because of age i can only go so far back on what ive witnessed, but in my honest opinion Paulo Di Canio was a "world class" player for me.

If he had a better tempremant that guy could have played for the "bigger" teams in Europe without a doubt, for me the best player who has ever graced Hillsborough when it comes to pure football talent, the best overall is Chrissy Waddle though, he had everthing apart from a defensive brain lol, he played in slow motion almost, thats when you know your self your quality.

Was worth the admission money just to watch di canio @ carbone in the pre match warm up, just played between themselves and the ball control and show boating was breathtaking, Soccer AM 20 years before its time !!!!