Castle market man

So you want Sheffield City Council to approve someone to wander around the market in a football kit with a radio, doing odd jobs whilst occasionally shouting and swearing at random people? No thank you.

Leave Julie Dorrs alone it's her market and she will run it like she wants:hihi:

He was in the moor market about three weeks ago, he wears his football kit in all sorts of weather, he mustn't feel the cold. Is he a odd job man for the stall owners?

You didn't answer what was wrong with any of that, (wandering around a market in a football kit, doing odd jobs, listening to a radio, whilst having a mental illness) you just added one (swearing) .

It seems like you know your point is weak.

So, what's wrong with any of that? Or are you just being mean spirited and intolerant of someone who became ill, just like any one of us can?

Someone would need to be a risk to others or themselves for the powers that be not to allow them to wander.

Times change, yes. Not sure I like your vision of the future in which the council lock up anyone who doesn't fit your idea of normal.

Guest makapaka
You didn't answer what was wrong with any of that, (wandering around a market in a football kit, doing odd jobs, listening to a radio, whilst having a mental illness) you just added one (swearing) .

It seems like you know your point is weak.

So, what's wrong with any of that? Or are you just being mean spirited and intolerant of someone who became ill, just like any one of us can?

Someone would need to be a risk to others or themselves for the powers that be not to allow them to wander.

Times change, yes. Not sure I like your vision of the future in which the council lock up anyone who doesn't fit your idea of normal.

Totally agree was going to post something similar.

Times change? Well not for the lad in question unfortunately - a bit of compassion and tolerance doesn't go amiss now and again.

Sorry, I don't want to go and do my shopping in the market with a man there who has been given permission to be there shouting and swearing. I'm sure I'm not alone in this viewpoint.

If he goes and shops there fair enough. Some people are suggesting he should be allowed to go back and do what he did at the old market. Times change I'm afraid.

Still no answer. Just repeating your stuff which wasn't in original post. It's only dumb luck that you (and all the people you say would agree with your viewpoint) don't have an illness that mildly inconveniences someone in a market

Still no answer. Just repeating your stuff which wasn't in original post. It's only dumb luck that you (and all the people you say would agree with your viewpoint) don't have an illness that mildly inconveniences someone in a market

What answer are you wanting?

Are you seriously, actually wanting a local authority to allow this man to go and work in a public facing environment where he can shout and swear at people?

Imagine if a staff member at Howden House started doing that, there would be a thread on here moaning about it rather quickly.

I don't want to be shouted and sweared at whilst doing my shopping. And that's all you are getting out of me, any more questions and you can pop me a private message.

I remember Alan complete with foot ball kit and ghetto blaster on the go never saw him causing problems like others have said doing the odd job for tradesman. Ture he comes out with the odd swear word but nothing that IV not heard before best thing to do is don't take much notice it's just the way he is.

Are you seriously, actually wanting a local authority to allow this man to go and work in a public facing environment where he can shout and swear at people?

Imagine if a staff member at Howden House started doing that, there would be a thread on here moaning about it rather quickly.

I don't want to be shouted and sweared at whilst doing my shopping. And that's all you are getting out of me, any more questions and you can pop me a private message.

why not?

just because he has a mental illness should not stop him from bring employed ( even though he wasnt and hasnt ever been employed by SCC) he used to do odd jobs for the traders but they were asked to stop as he want insured to wander in the back of the market ( where he used to go). as for the swearing would you also say someone with tourettes should not be allowed to work?

Guest makapaka

Have you ever seen this fella?

Yes. Unfortunately I have. Same applies to you, any more questions, pop me a PM.