Castle market man

anyone know if that bloke who works at the castle market with the old football style shorts and usually old man utd top quite tall and skinny still works there?

have not been to sheffield for agers so have not seem him, always talked to him about vintage cars and fasionwear

I wonder what he will do when the markets close down.

i don't think he works there i think he just hangs around. i have also seen him hanging around the shops on sharrowvale road in the winter, still with his shorts and long socks on!

ALAN, he's still about.

Edited by fatwhale

i don't think he works there i think he just hangs around. i have also seen him hanging around the shops on sharrowvale road in the winter, still with his shorts and long socks on!

I remember him walking around with a empty bucket and moving things around for stalls could be wrong

every summer I check man utd's transfers just in case.

Not seen him in a while.

Edited by Tony Erikson

I saw him on Moor Head last week, I thought he always wore a referees outfit. Anyway he was using the F word at 20 to the dozen, but he didn't have anyone with him.

Lol never knew his name but he used to travel on the Tram a lot. Bless him, just another one of Sheffields characters x

my daughter worked in the market a few years back, told me the guy was called alan think he does a bit of fetching and carrying for some of the stall holders.

I think the council just move him around, between guest houses. I know when I was homeless (August 2008 ) he was staying in the Earl Marshall at Grimesthorpe, cause I had to move rooms (I was in a 'higher risk' one at first, 16 with a baby, so owner wanted me in the safest room!) for him as he came in the day after me.

Does this man shout random sentences?

Only ones containing words beginning with F. :hihi: